PDA

View Full Version : Who would have thought a deaf man....

Ken Fitzgerald
11-21-2015, 5:26 PM
Last month I bought some Sennheiser wireless headphones. Today I hooked them to my cellphone which has some of my favorite music stored in MP3 file format. What a kick it was to listen to music while I mowed and bagged leaves. That music made a less than enjoyable task enjoyable!
Who'd have thought a deaf man could listen to music while working in the yard? I see an additional new system so I can just leave it in the shop to use while I am woodworking.:D

For those who might not know, I am deaf and hear via a cochlear implant.

Phil Mueller
11-21-2015, 6:33 PM
Isn't modern medicine and technology terrific! I'm glad you're able to listen to your favorite tunes. I've worn hearing aids for a few years now and remember when I couldn't be a part of conversation, or hear the TV, or music was just a muddy rumble. What can be done now is literally a life changer.
Although I will admit, I love to do my woodworking without the aids...nearly complete silence...just the soft swoosh of a plane....

Michael Weber
11-21-2015, 7:13 PM
Sounds good Ken. My second CI is starting to sound just like the first one so I may be one of the lucky 1 to 3 percent that just don't benefit much. Only been about 2 months so I'm not giving up yet.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-21-2015, 8:15 PM
Michael,

I pray that things go better for you!

Gordon Eyre
11-22-2015, 1:54 PM
As one who also suffers from poor hearing I am glad that you have found something that works well for you.

Raymond Fries
11-22-2015, 8:39 PM
That is awesome Ken. I love music. I kinda feel the pain of your loss as I have had a silent left ear since age 4. So glad you can hear now. What a wonderful gift to mankind the designers of that implant gave.

Take Care and Enjoy Life...