PDA

View Full Version : One more - Can you guess the secret with this one?

Bruce Shiverdecker
08-31-2005, 9:22 PM
Made this piece yesterday. It's hard to see in the picture, but it's a nice piece of Elm. As I was going along, it told me to do something special to it. Can you guess what?

Thanks for lookin'

Bruce

Michael Stafford
08-31-2005, 9:33 PM
It can be turned upside down and still function as a candle holder as you created a recess on the bottom as well??????? :confused:

If I am right do I win a prize??? :D

John Miliunas
08-31-2005, 9:48 PM
How about, there's a cavity in the bottom part and the top actually sits on it, kind of like a turned box? That way, you could stash the matches for the candle in there? :) (Hey, at least I tried!:) ):D :cool:

Ernie Nyvall
08-31-2005, 10:56 PM
Bruce, I think Mike and John are both right...it can be turned upside down for a different looking candle holder and is a double lidded box that can be opened from either end.

Whatever, it is a very nice candle holder.

Ernie

Bruce Shiverdecker
08-31-2005, 11:10 PM
Well............................................. I always said you guys were GOOD.

Here it is.

I should have done it so the top seam opened instead of the bottom one.

Bruce ;)

Michael Stafford
09-01-2005, 6:30 AM
You are sooooo smart Bruce and that is soooooo kewel-l-l-l! I like it! :D

Charles E. Martin V
09-01-2005, 7:41 AM
Very creative! I like it.:)

Jeff Sudmeier
09-01-2005, 8:45 AM
That is really neat! I'd bet customers would really like the uniqueness of it as well.

Keith Burns
09-01-2005, 9:26 AM
Cool idea and a great looking holder!

Pat Salter
09-03-2005, 11:21 AM
Bruce, Those candle holders are really nice. especially the one with the "secret" compartment, haha. But seeing them reminds me of a candle holder plan going around some time back and the concerns by some that the candle could catch the holder on fire. there were sugguestions about using some kind of seperator (glass or metal). How do you handle that subject? Do you warn your customers? Just curious, not trying to stir up "stuff".

Bruce Shiverdecker
09-03-2005, 8:18 PM
Good point Pat. I do warn them to not let the candle burn down below the edge before replacing it. Since heat rises, that is the only problem.

When I do the Tea candle holders, I tell them that they MUST ONLY use the candles with metal holders. The problem here is that the candle sits at and below the top of the piece.

Bruce

Earl Eyre
09-04-2005, 2:07 AM
I was going to guess that you made the opening the wrong size so you have to turn the candle to fit the base. LOL
Earl

Bruce Shiverdecker
09-04-2005, 4:47 PM
I'm sorry, Earl. I'm not quite sure what you're refering to. If it is the picture where you can see into the box and see the lid, the different levels and button were intentional details for the box. The Candle Holder is on the other end.

Bruce

Bruce Shiverdecker
09-04-2005, 4:50 PM
I'm sorry, Earl. I'm not quite sure what you're refering to. If it is the picture where you can see into the box and see the lid, the different levels and button were intentional details for the box. The Candle Holder is on the other end.

Bruce

DUH, Bruce. I read your post again Earl. Nope- got lucky good fit the first time.