PDA

View Full Version : General Metalworking 4.5" angle grinder replacement

Mac McQuinn
11-19-2015, 9:16 PM
My 30 year old Craftsman Industrial 4.5" Angle Grinder has served me well although is wore out and I need a replacement. I'm looking at the Metabo W9-115 currently and wondered if anyone owns one or has other suggestions for a replacement?
Thanks,
Mac

Joe Bradshaw
11-19-2015, 10:20 PM
Mac, depending on yourlocation, Lowes has a Bosch 2 pac for about $79.00. They also have their store brand for around $40.00.
Joe

Mac McQuinn
11-19-2015, 11:37 PM
Joe, thanks, I'll check them out.

Mac

Bill Ryall
12-09-2015, 9:52 AM
Mac, depending on yourlocation, Lowes has a Bosch 2 pac for about $79.00. They also have their store brand for around $40.00.
Joe

I hope I'm not too late...

Avoid the Bosch 2 packs mentioned above. I did 3 sets in the past for my metal shop, and have been very unhappy with them. They have not held up well, and have a significant amount of vibration. I was very disappointed as Bosch has a reputation for quality. I have been replacing them with DeWalts and Makitas, depending on price.

John Sanford
12-10-2015, 5:32 PM
I hope I'm not too late...

Avoid the Bosch 2 packs mentioned above. I did 3 sets in the past for my metal shop, and have been very unhappy with them. They have not held up well, and have a significant amount of vibration. I was very disappointed as Bosch has a reputation for quality. I have been replacing them with DeWalts and Makitas, depending on price.

FYI: Home Depot has Makita 2 packs for $99. Unfortunately with grinders, there are significant quality variations even within a brand based on price.

Mac McQuinn
12-10-2015, 8:51 PM
FYI: Home Depot has Makita 2 packs for $99. Unfortunately with grinders, there are significant quality variations even within a brand based on price.

Thanks for the input, I've decided on a Metabo, currently looking for a deal on the W9-115
Thanks, Mac