PDA

View Full Version : Dewwalt 18v 9096 Battery Find and Questions

Mark W Pugh
11-18-2015, 6:07 PM
First off, my old 18v drills and impact driver work great, so no need to replace. I was considering replacing them until walking in to Lowe's today.

So, I found a 2 pack of 18v XRP DC9096 batteries for $69, minus my military discount. I got two 2 packs, out the door was around $135 for 4 batteries. This price was way below what I was looking out for a new combo pack with the new 18v/20v technology, which I have found mixed reviews on.

On the other side, Rural King has the same 2 pack on sale for $99.

Questions:

1. I have some bad 18v DC9096 batteries. Is it worth it to rebuild them? If so, where EXACTLY would I find the rebuild batts? Oh, and the battery has really small star bit screws holding it together, another thing to have to find to get them apart.

2. I have an old DW959 18v drill that may need new brushes. Again, worth it, and where EXACTLY would I find the brushes?

I'm still holding on to the 18v old technology that seems to keep on working.

Thanks

Jim Andrew
11-18-2015, 7:04 PM
I also have Dewalt drills, and picked up a pair of the batteries at Lowes today. I have not had any dud batteries, usually I just buy another drill on sale to get 2 more batteries, Ace hardware has them on sale for 89$ with 2 batteries occasionally, so I have several drills.
A