PDA

View Full Version : Aligning G0690 table wings

Scott Christian
11-18-2015, 12:03 AM
I am assembling my Grizzly G0690 and have the wings on. The edge that mounts to the table is lower than the main table on each wing. Is there a way to adjust up and down or am I missing something? There doesn't appear to be enough play in the mounting holes if I loosen the bolts and push up on the table. I haven't tested for flatness yes as I know that there will be a gap across the wings. The instructions only cover if there is a tilt.

Phillip Gregory
11-20-2015, 8:53 PM
I don't quite understand your issue as you talk about the main table being higher but then wanting to push up on the table.

- The holes that mount the extension wings to the main table are oversized and you can move the wing up and down relative to the table. Loosen the bolts and wiggle the wing to be level, then tighten the bolts.
- The table itself can be raised, lowered, and tilted by adding or removing shims between the bottom of the table and the top of the cabinet. My Shop Fox W1820 (a beige G0691) came with one shim installed at one corner and a perfectly level main table.

If for some reason you can't lift the side wing enough to be flat with the table, then you may have a wing where the holes are off by a little bit. Grizzly will almost certainly send you new parts to make it work if you call them and let them know.