PDA

View Full Version : iPod touch cracked screen...

Chuck Wintle
11-13-2015, 6:06 PM
I dropped my ipod onto a hard floor today and now oin the screen i see 2 vertical lines each about a 1/2 long. does this mean the screen is cracked? looking closely the screen seems to be ok.

Bruce Page
11-14-2015, 5:39 PM
The cracked screens that I have seen were quite visible. If the iPod still works, I wouldn't worry about it.
You could try doing a hard reset.

Jesse Busenitz
11-14-2015, 9:42 PM
Yeah most likely cracked. I had an iPhone that cracked but most of it was in a corner so I lived with it for close to 6 months(no warrantee). Gave it to friend to fix yesterday so I should be good to drop it again here in a couple days.:D

Matt Meiser
11-14-2015, 10:13 PM
The iPad that got cracked at our house looked like broken glass. If you have straight lines I'd suspect LCD damage. Probably not worth fixing if that's the case, but a broken screen on an iPad can be fixed in the $100 range by shops around here.

Chuck Wintle
11-15-2015, 3:58 AM
The iPad that got cracked at our house looked like broken glass. If you have straight lines I'd suspect LCD damage. Probably not worth fixing if that's the case, but a broken screen on an iPad can be fixed in the $100 range by shops around here.

yes you are right its LCD damage and not cracks in the glass screen. They want $150 to repair. Maybe I will live with it.

Mike Berrevoets
11-15-2015, 8:37 AM
I dropped my iPad 2 a few weeks ago and the screen had lots of lines on it and the colors were severely messed up. The home button had been not working for 6+ months so trying to do a hard reboot without being able to see the screen was impossible. I messed with it for a few hours then gave up and bought a new one.

My daughters (11 and 9) said they wanted the old one. I told them it was a lost cause. They messed around turning it on and off for a few days and low and behold, it now works fine. The home button still doesn't work. I have no idea what they did but it worked. They also like to tell me how they fixed it when I couldnt. :)

So, if you can use it I'd just keep using it for a while and see what happens.

Matt Meiser
11-15-2015, 2:46 PM
Home button problem is fairly common too and can be repaired by those independent shops. Our school has a couple with that issue in the queue to be repaired.