PDA

View Full Version : Turnkey Lasers anyone have input on them?

todd mckechnie
11-12-2015, 10:58 PM
Guys I am going to go look at a used Turnkey laser 50 watt setup. Its about a 1.5 years old. Wasn't used much. Its a long story, but short story is the owner of the machine is related to Mike at Turnkey Lasers and had a falling out. I talked to Mike and he had some decent information, but seemed pretty intent in telling me how other machines didnt compare to his. He did give me information about his machine.

I am mainly looking at the machine to do engraving on wood grips and knick knacks for my business. I own a Glavo head ytterbium fiber made by SPI. Its an awesome machine. I mainly do stainless, carbon steels and aluminum with it. I ve had it for a few years now.

But back to the Turnkey Laser.... its C02, so thats a new area for me. I ve searched the forum here about doing checkering and 3d engravings. Seems like its come a LONG way since the last time I asked back in 2010.

Story short, I can drive about an hour and have a plug and play 60 watt laser for around $2600. I know thats about what a Chinese laser new can be ordered for. But I figured, I am getting the same machine, setup and running with the builder being local to me ( whether he is really still in business or not, his website is defunct and his facebook has last been updated 2 years ago ).

TKL Professional Series - 50 Watt System (60 Watt Optional)

Professional Series Standard Features:

- Control System: 32 BIT DSP with LCD controller and USB Interrface
- Working Size: 11.8" x 20"
- Worktable depth: 8” Table & additional 2" Focal Lens
- Laser Tube Type: C02 Glass Sealed Laser Tube
- Laser Power: 50 Watts (Optional 60 Watts)
- Drive Type: Micro Stepping Motor with Exclusive Roller System.
- Engraving Speed: 800mm/s
- Resolution: 50-1000 DPI
- Location Precision: < 0.01mm - < 0.0004"
- Working voltage: 220VAC Std. / 110 VAC with Inverter
- PC Interface: USB 2.0 and USB Disk
- Controlling Software: TurnKey Laserwork V6 - compatible with Microsoft XP thru Windows 8
- Graphic formats supported: BMP, JPG, GIF, HPGL, NC, PLT, DST, DXF, and AI
- Cooling system: Water Pump and Tank 50W, Industrial Chiller 60W
- Auxiliary equipments: Exhaust-fans, air-exhaust pipe
- Compatible Software: CorelDraw, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Raster/Vector color mapping: Yes

- US Warranty: 12 Months (3 Months for Std Laser Tube, Lens, Mirrors)
- Machine Dimensions: 45.5" Width x 26.5" Depth x 37" Height
- Packaged Dimensions: 50" Width x 31.5" Depth x 45.5" Height
- Net Weight: 188 lbs.
- Gross Weight: 276 lbs.

Supposedly from my understanding Mike the owner of Turnkey Lasers worked at Universal Laser?

What do you guys think? Worth while or should I just keep the money in my pocket. I am not looking to spend more money or get something thats $30,000.... If this one will work good, I wouldnt mind playing with it.

Thanks
Todd

Bert Kemp
11-12-2015, 11:33 PM
don't have any dealings with Mike Stay away far away.

todd mckechnie
11-13-2015, 12:24 AM
Bert would you mind emailing me [email]

hugh bunker
11-22-2015, 9:33 PM
I have a 60 watt 600x900 and in 3 years have had to replace the tube (new tube is much more powerful than the original) and the roller wheels on the gantry wear very fast, they are available from redsail as I believe this is just a re-badged redsail. That being said I do work it like I stole it and it does run fine. Not sure how much help this is.

Keith Winter
11-22-2015, 11:43 PM
I'd pass something sounds fishy in the story and it's not much of a bargain.