PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Disributor for EFR lasers

Chris Corwin
11-12-2015, 8:18 PM
I folks,
In school we have a king Rabbit HX1290 that was donated to us. Since getting our hands on it, I've put in a LO x7 DSP and a relay for the air assist. So far, it has done well but I think the 80w tube is starting to go. We can't burn through 1/2" ply like we can with our other 80w reci tubed laser.

We would like to replace it with another Efr laser but maybe a different series other than the "F" model that we have but I'm having trouble finding a reseller or a distributer in the US. Can someone please point us in the right direction?

Thanks!

Bert Kemp
11-12-2015, 8:44 PM
You might ask Rabbit Laser USA. If they don't have them they might be able to point you in the right direction. Call them don't email.

John Bion
11-13-2015, 4:32 AM
Hi Chris,

I know this is not a US contact, however Andy Zhu at Bejing EFR is very pleasant to deal with, perhaps he could help you find a US re-seller? His email is: (andyzhu at bjefrlasew dot com dot cn)

Kind Regards, John

Dave Sheldrake
11-13-2015, 7:47 AM
Chris, hold fire for a few weeks if possible

there is something very new coming out of the EFR factory ;)

Chris Corwin
11-13-2015, 4:39 PM
Thanks for the heads up Dave! We don't need to purchase right away and this will be a multi year investment so we would definitely like the latest and greatest. I wish we could afford an 80w RF laser but that's just not going to happen.

Dave Sheldrake
11-13-2015, 4:43 PM
I wish we could afford an 80w RF laser but that's just not going to happen.

with what is on the horizon there will be no need for the RF ;)

Chris Corwin
11-13-2015, 5:00 PM
That would be great! If that's the reality I would get one for my machine at home too.

tadici mihai
11-14-2015, 11:43 AM
i am curios... what can they show so good?
as for efr, they don't sell just a tube... they want you to buy at least 4...
i've talked with them this week... so, if you can't afford to stock 3 spare tubes, you need to find another seller

Bert Kemp
11-14-2015, 12:25 PM
is this another big secret ?

with what is on the horizon there will be no need for the RF ;)

Bill Carruthers
11-14-2015, 2:35 PM
i am curios... what can they show so good?
as for efr, they don't sell just a tube... they want you to buy at least 4...
i've talked with them this week... so, if you can't afford to stock 3 spare tubes, you need to find another seller

I think you might have them confused with RECI who will only give you a wholesale price if you buy 5 tubes (or something like that ). I have bought single tubes and power supplies from EFR on 2 occasions fairly recently. I found their service and quality to be first rate.

Greg Holt
11-14-2015, 4:23 PM
Yeah I bought one tube from EFR no problem. Good to deal with.

Frank yao was the contact I dealt with.

Keith Winter
11-15-2015, 7:33 PM
Chris, hold fire for a few weeks if possible

there is something very new coming out of the EFR factory ;)

Dave can you elaborate?

Dave Sheldrake
11-15-2015, 7:56 PM
Wish I could at this point keith, what I am allowed to say is longer life and better beam profiles at reduced prices are on the way

Nolan Yang
11-17-2015, 3:52 AM
if you only want 1 laser tube, it's convenient to buy it on ebay.

tadici mihai
12-01-2015, 6:27 PM
i am verry sorry for my late reply, but trust my words: none of the EFR agents wanted to take my money for two laser tubes and power supply... they asked me to buy 4 tubes at least...
it is against my ethic to post conversations with them, but i have no reasons to lie about that...
i talked with 4 agents who sell efr tubes, including Andy and Frank... they are good guys, but they have some orders from their supperiors i guess...
as for RECI, they sell even one tube, but not at lowest price... they have "premium client price", for orders above 5000USD...
i am stuck with reci, becouse i can't afford to pay a truck of money for shipping to romania, 2 laser tubes and a powersupply from efr and i can't afford to take four tube eighter... ...
i will order them this week from gweike, my sweet nightmare...
it will be my last try before selling the machine and my soul for a US BRAND LASER...

Dave Sheldrake
12-01-2015, 7:49 PM
Yup EFR shipments to europe are now indeed a minimum of 4 tubes.

Chris Corwin
12-01-2015, 10:19 PM
Any new news or timeline? My trigger finger is getting itchy and we will have a large order coming up at the end of December that needs the new laser in our large machine.

Dave Sheldrake
12-01-2015, 10:35 PM

ZS series from EFR, updated and modified to give longer life and higher peak powers. Also cheaper than the F series 180 and 220's. 1 year warranty (360 days), powers from 80 to 180 watts and very very close to TEM00 single mode profiles :)

I'll go dig out the specs when I get into the office and post them. The ZX and ZN series have been discontinued.

The tube is very similar to the GSI SLC series in both design and function other than the SLC come in a metal case and cost £22,000 a shot :)

Chris Corwin
12-01-2015, 10:46 PM
Very cool! I don't see them posted on their website yet. I guess I'll have to give them an email and find out more.

Bert Kemp
12-02-2015, 12:19 AM
I guess us 60 watt guys are sol:confused::mad:

Dave Sheldrake
12-02-2015, 12:36 AM
ZS1250 is the lowest of the ZS series at 80 watts going up to the ZS2050 at 180watts (220 peak)

They also do a CL 1200 that is 60 watts and has a 180 day warranty but a lower life expectancy of 6,000 hrs

Got an order going in on the 8th of December for some for me and some extras for friends

Chris Corwin
12-03-2015, 5:09 PM
I got a message from EFR this morning on the cost + shipping. They say it comes to $626 shipped, that is quite a bit less than the same power RECI we bought a few years ago. I've never done an international purchase. What types of payments have been used with EFR ?

tadici mihai
12-04-2015, 2:56 PM
I got a message from EFR this morning on the cost + shipping. They say it comes to $626 shipped, that is quite a bit less than the same power RECI we bought a few years ago. I've never done an international purchase. What types of payments have been used with EFR ?

626usd with door-to-door delivery? and what power is the tube?

Chris Corwin
12-04-2015, 9:17 PM
80w tube 3 day shipping from China to NY