PDA

View Full Version : Hammer A3-31 Sale?

Kent Adams
11-11-2015, 12:48 PM
Just wondering if this is really a sale? Is this much different than what you paid?

Prashun Patel
11-11-2015, 1:19 PM
I got a similar deal (perhaps a little more). That price does not seem to include the silent (spiral) cutter block (if you want it) or the aluminum gauge wheel.

I recommend both highly.

Also, know that Felder charges tax and shipping.

Kent Adams
11-11-2015, 1:27 PM
Prashun, do you know if these machines are made in Asia or Austria?

James Zhu
11-11-2015, 1:46 PM
All Felder/Hammer machines are made in Austria. Hammer A3-31 with silent power spiral cutter head was CAD $4800 at WMS Toronto 2015 last week. Based on CAD/USD exchange rate, you probably can get it between USD$ 3800 ~ 3900.

I recalled that the CAD $4800 offer also included free extension table and mounting bar for planer outfeed end which would cost $300 to buy.

I tried the AD741 with silent power spiral cutter head and power drive at the show, the result is glass smooth. If you buy A3-31, definitely go for silent power spiral cutter head.

Scott Brihn
11-11-2015, 1:52 PM
That's about what I paid for the base machine just over 2-years ago. As options I added the silent cutter head, digital hand wheel, and extension table bracket and extension table. I put mine on Foot Master castors. All the inspection stickers on my machine appear to be in German which leads me to believe assembly occurred in Austria. That said, I was not able to get line of sight on where the components are sourced. I did not enjoy the buying process through Felder USA, but have thoroughly enjoyed using the machine.

Prashun Patel
11-11-2015, 2:18 PM
I'm pretty sure it's Austria but beyond them telling me 'there's a 4 week lead time because we're waiting for a new shipment from Austria' I don't have (haven't looked for) any other evidence of that.

Jamie Buxton
11-11-2015, 4:33 PM
IIRC, that's about what I paid for my A3-31, in 2001.

In fourteen years, I may have spent as much money on blades for the machine.