PDA

View Full Version : ArtCAM users

Eric Allen
11-11-2015, 12:21 PM
Looking for someone with ArtCAM to verify if they are able to use single-stroke fonts (DIN) looks like one that comes with it. Their evaluation program has no ability to print, so no way for me to test and see if the laser will do a single trace or if it will run over it twice. If you have the program and are willing to test it, the easiest way to find out if it works would be to create a 2 or 3 inch "o" and see if running a 5% or so vector speed causes it to trace once or twice. The 5% is arbitrary, if you can watch faster, by all means:) All TrueType fonts (windows) will trace twice, hoping this is a solution. No Corel posts here please.

Rich Harman
11-11-2015, 1:35 PM
I can't help with the ArtCam part but even my Chinese laser has an easy way to remove duplicate lines, can't you do that with the Epilogs?

Eric Allen
11-11-2015, 1:42 PM
Technically it isn't a duplicate line but a closed loop from what I understand. Nothing in the driver that I can see that would serve that function. I'm specifically looking for ArtCAM users in this post.

I can't help with the ArtCam part but even my Chinese laser has an easy way to remove duplicate lines, can't you do that with the Epilogs?

Rich Harman
11-11-2015, 1:54 PM
Technically it isn't a duplicate line but a closed loop from what I understand....

Right, but when you export it - convert to curves, then the closed loop reveals itself as duplicate lines, which you should be able to get rid of.