PDA

View Full Version : dust collector I am interested in buying, looking forr opinions, any extra info.

cody michael
11-11-2015, 8:51 AM
I found this on craigslist, waiting to get some more info from owner, it is 3 phase. he said about 6 ft tall, has blower motor unit. does any one have any idea if this is a suitable upgrade for my 16x24 shop?

all the info in ad, he said its about 6ft tall. and will check on horsepower and better dimensions tonight
Large/industrial dust collector .
bought it 2 years ago for my blast cabinet, haven't needed to use the cabinet so I don't need the blaster taking up room.

Steve Peterson
11-11-2015, 11:50 AM
That unit looks incredibly tall. Do you know what its original purpose was? Some cyclones are designed to separate a particular material and might not be optimum for sawdust. Look at the existing cyclones for woodworking (ClearVue, Oneida, etc.). Most are large diameter and much shorter. Many achieve well over 99% separation efficiency. But separation efficiency can drop significantly if you change the parameters. You need to make sure the airspeed is proper for that shape cyclone.

Will it fit in your shop after adding a collection barrel below and a blower above?

Steve

cody michael
11-11-2015, 12:04 PM
it should be fine with the height, I have a pretty high ceiling, and I am considering making an addition to house the dust collector anyways. I am just trying to make sure it will work, I will be finding out about the dimensions later on today.