PDA

View Full Version : Move over Glowforge........

Steve Clarkson
11-09-2015, 7:41 PM
......there's a new low cost laser in town.......it's only $105:

http://www.banggood.com/300mW-Mini-DIY-Laser-Engraving-Machine-Picture-Logo-CNC-Laser-Printer-p-958368.html

If it came with free goggles, I would have considered getting one.

David Somers
11-09-2015, 8:09 PM
Heck with Glowforge Steve! Trotec watch out!!! This looks like a production machine to me!!

No goggles huh? Hmmmmmm.

Ron Gosnell
11-09-2015, 8:10 PM
How many kids will burn their eyeballs out with that ?

I like the way they spell laser on the circuit board. Quality control and FDA approved.

All that without a kick starter campaign ~

Gozzie

Steve Clarkson
11-09-2015, 8:11 PM
If you look at the other lasers on their website......some look kinda scary......I can't figure out where the fume extractor goes though......

Bruce Volden
11-09-2015, 8:55 PM
Where in the heck were all these lower priced laser mfgr's. back in 1994 when I first got the bug?????? GRRRRR
Think of the money I would have saved!

Bruce

Steve Clarkson
11-09-2015, 9:02 PM
I'm actually thinking about getting one for my laser tattoo removal business......my Epilog works fine for hands and feet......but when someone asks me to remove a tat on their belly, I just can't get them all the way in through the pass through door......with this laser, I can place it right on their belly and zap that tat right off!!!

Keith Winter
11-09-2015, 9:05 PM
I'm actually thinking about getting one for my laser tattoo removal business......my Epilog works fine for hands and feet......but when someone asks me to remove a tat on their belly, I just can't get them all the way in through the pass through door......with this laser, I can place it right on their belly and zap that tat right off!!!

Haha Steve!

Dave Sheldrake
11-09-2015, 11:23 PM

meh amateurs...

Get a nice fat Mitsubishi 7.5kW and remove a tattoo in the next town all from the comfort of your armchair ;) (and your neighbours house, their car, their garden and anything else in the way)

Lee DeRaud
11-10-2015, 1:17 AM
Get a nice fat Mitsubishi 7.5kW and remove a tattoo in the next town all from the comfort of your armchair ;) (and your neighbours house, their car, their garden and anything else in the way)Whoa! I thought all those were good for was lighting charcoal briquettes for the barbeque.

Bill George
11-10-2015, 7:43 AM
I can see the kids now, you know the 12 year old ones they would have SO much fun with those! And lots more on the website to choose from, nice that our Chinese friends are making available so many fun things.

Jerome Stanek
11-10-2015, 8:01 AM
If you put an ant in a Glowforge will the camera follow it to vaporize it like a magnifying glass

Mike Clarke
11-10-2015, 8:19 AM
......there's a new low cost laser in town.......it's only $105:

http://www.banggood.com/300mW-Mini-DIY-Laser-Engraving-Machine-Picture-Logo-CNC-Laser-Printer-p-958368.html

If it came with free goggles, I would have considered getting one.

Let us know how it works. It comes with free goggles, a $4.99 value!

I like the way the larser head is attached. It is pretty cool the way they used disk drive components.

Well you can't fault them for their marketing:
"ideal for amateur laser engraving"
"you can print any pictures your like with lots of fun."

Engraving Material Note:
1.can engraving materials:wood,bamboo,plastic,paper,leather,bank card,rubber
2.can not engraving material:metal,stone,ceramic,shell,light-reflecting material,transparent material

Note:
1.we have uploaded the software in the netdisk can runing in windows XP/7/8,the link is here(just click it):Software (https://www.dropbox.com/s/xd8uzr4z8hv6dw5/Mini%20laser%20machine%20software.zip?dl=0).
If you computer is win8 system,it need special set(just click it):Driver (https://www.dropbox.com/s/eynr63yshmig0vf/How%20to%20set%20the%20win8%20system%20to%20use%20 software.zip?dl=0)
2.Please wear a goggles during engraving .
3.Please pause 3-5 minutes after engraving continuously about 30 minutes,long time engraving will damage the laser module,kindly hope your understanding.

Mike Clarke
11-10-2015, 8:27 AM
If you put an ant in a Glowforge will the camera follow it to vaporize it like a magnifying glass

You have me laughing and wondering at the same time.

Rich Harman
11-10-2015, 11:18 AM
Get one of those modules, a couple stepper motors, drivers and software and you can make a portable wall mural engraving machine. Something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv1L2RTBfpA

Lee DeRaud
11-10-2015, 11:47 AM

Get one of those modules, a couple stepper motors, drivers and software and you can make a portable wall mural engraving machine.Hmmm...replace the 'sucker' guts of a Roomba with one of these units and make a robotic bug hunter...