PDA

View Full Version : Corel X5 problems

Glenn Norton
11-09-2015, 3:46 PM
Just wondering if you have this problem. Use X5 and it skips lines when sending job to my laser. I have had the CPU in for repairs and they also replaced the memory card. 80% of the time it's fine but every once in a while it will skip a line or paragraph. Anyone else have this problem? Only does it on big jobs mostly.

Mike Null
11-09-2015, 4:19 PM
Glenn

I doubt that is an X5 issue. I would check the USB cable and connection.

matt heinzel
11-10-2015, 11:08 AM
What type of engraver are you using? This happens with our Universal Laser and X5 as well.

Glenn Norton
11-10-2015, 1:51 PM
Matt - I run the X5 and a Universal Laser. Older M20 but it works great. I'm thinking it's in the Corel. This one is not online.

Mike - This unit is not online. No USB so no connection.

Mike Null
11-10-2015, 3:58 PM
How do you connect your machine to your pc?

Lee DeRaud
11-10-2015, 5:09 PM
...every once in a while it will skip a line or paragraph.I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what "skip a line or paragraph" means in the context of a laser engraver. Are chunks of text simply not engraving? That would probably be either a font or color problem: ULS drivers have problems with some font types unless you convert them to curves, and if the color got changed to some odd RGB value it will simply ignore it.

If by "skip a line" you mean random raster sweeps are not getting engraved, that's definitely not a Corel issue.

Glenn Norton
11-11-2015, 12:47 PM
Mike - laser and computer are connected with 6' serial cable. All the ends are tight. This is something that has been going on for quite awhile. I just skips a line or paragraph. You go back to Corel, clear everything but the missing line, send it back to the laser and it engraves it fine.

I'm still new to Corel and I really don't care for it. Been doing signs for 20 years using Casmate then Flexi so I'm used to working with that. Had a Xenetech that crapped out when one of the boards smoked. It was a pain to work with but it never did this.

Mike Null
11-11-2015, 3:30 PM
I can understand your frustration with Corel--I have the same with Engravlab but love Corel.

I think your issue is with your cable.

Bert Kemp
11-11-2015, 5:09 PM
I'd agree thats its not corel. More likely cable or something to do with the laser print driver or software.