PDA

View Full Version : Building up inventory for shows

Bruce Shiverdecker
08-30-2005, 8:31 PM
Here's a couple of things I made to help my lagging inventory. Got a three day show coming up.

The first is a Cherry Candle Holder and the second is a Walnut bowl.

Thanks for lookin'

Bruce ;)

Jerry Clark
08-30-2005, 9:04 PM
Very nice Bruce-- nice form on the candle holder.:D I like the simple walnut bowl.

Linda Creatore
08-30-2005, 9:20 PM
Hi Bruce,

Very nice pieces...the bowl is very elegant...shows that it doesn't require a lot of elaboration to make an attractive and saleable item!

The candle holder reminds me of a goblet...do you turn goblets? If you do, I'd be interested in seeing some.

I still need to set up my lathe and start my learning...but I am fascinated with goblets and chalices...love em!!!

Linda:cool:

Keith Burns
08-30-2005, 10:05 PM
Great pieces ! The bowl is my favorite but I like the candle holder as well. You will do well I'm sure.

Jim Ketron
08-30-2005, 11:23 PM
Nice Job Bruce!

Im also working on building up my inventory for a show comming up in Oct.
Good Luck Hope you sell out!

Ernie Nyvall
08-31-2005, 6:09 AM
Very nice Bruce. I'll bet you do well at the show.

Ernie

Dick Parr
08-31-2005, 7:23 AM
Very nice Bruce, you should have no problems selling those turning. Great job

Kurt Aebi
08-31-2005, 7:32 AM
Great looking pieces, Bruce!

Good Luck at the show and I hope you do well (you should with pieces like those and your pens are fantastic!).

Alan Turner
08-31-2005, 8:01 AM
Nice work. Having never done a show, I am curious. What type of show is it? How many pieces are you planning to take?

I have thought about doing a show, but would have to build a show inventory also, which for the type of work I do might be an awfully long leap of faith. Or, I might just empty my house. I may start a thread just to see what the experiences of others have been. Don't want to hijack your thread.

Michael Stafford
08-31-2005, 8:11 AM
Bruce, I also like the bowl a lot, it has a beautiful color, form and finish. The candleholder is nice as well. Do you sell a lot of them? Good luck on your show! ;)