PDA

View Full Version : Latest I found on Mortise & Tenon Magazine

Frederick Skelly
11-08-2015, 8:42 AM
I haven't seen his website site before, and if you Google the name of the magazine, a short but well done video teaser is available explaining what he's trying to achieve.

It sounds like they are still up and moving forward. They start accepting pre-orders December 1 with the first issue in February. It looks to be very nicely done. It may be a little "highbrow" for me, but I still plan to buy the first issue to see if I enjoy it. If you haven't seen his website, it's w w w.mortiseandtenonmag.c o m

I have no affiliation with this. Just thought some of you might like to hear this. Hope it helps.
Fred

Howard Pollack
11-08-2015, 9:59 AM
It looks interesting to me. -Howard

Tony Shea
11-08-2015, 11:14 AM
I am on the mailing list for this magazine. Josh, the guy in charge of this publication, is working diligently to get as much good information as he can and get all the sponsors he believes best suits this publication to make it all possible. I believe his goal is to produce a magazine that isn't bombarded by horrible advertisement on every other page in respect to the readers sanity. I also follow him on Instagram so am up on all the latest as far as his most recent partnership in sponsorship as well as expected dates of release.

I met Josh at the last LN Open House in Warren, Maine and found out that he is doing all this about a half hour away from where I live in Maine. This should be a great publication when it hits the press and am sitting on the edge of my seat in the meantime.

Bill Houghton
11-08-2015, 11:41 AM
I will certainly wish it well, and may even subscribe. I was a semi-charter subscriber to "Woodwork" magazine, which had a similar editorial spirit. But it struggled, and ultimately was bought out and discontinued.

I'm fascinated that "Popular Woodworking" is one of this magazine's sponsors - a class act, to be sponsoring another magazine in a difficult market.

Roger Nair
11-08-2015, 7:37 PM
A point of information, Mortise and Tenon is the journal of the Carpenters Fellowship UK for quite a few years. I hope this does not become a conflict.

Mike Cherry
11-08-2015, 10:22 PM
I follow them on Instagram too. Looking toward to the magazine.

Marty Schlosser
11-09-2015, 7:15 AM
Sounds intriguing. I'll have to see where it all goes.

Andrew Pitonyak
11-10-2015, 9:31 AM
Looks like it is worth a try when they come out. Signed up to receive email notifications.