PDA

View Full Version : Sliding Table for Unisaw

Dimitrios Fradelakis
11-06-2015, 12:36 PM
I know that Delta made a sliding table for the Unisaw and sold it as an accessory. Trying to find one has proven difficult and I doubt I ever will. Does anyone know of another manufacturer of a aftermarket sliding table that would fit on the Unisaw?

Thanks!

Garth Almgren
11-06-2015, 12:42 PM
Grizzly has one, the T10233 Sliding Table Attachment (https://www.grizzly.com/products/Sliding-Table-Attachment/T10223) and it's on sale right now. Should work with any Unisaw.

John TenEyck
11-06-2015, 1:34 PM
I think an Excalibur sliding table will fit a Unisaw. Plenty of pictures of them set up that way on Google.

John

Mike Hollingsworth
11-06-2015, 2:02 PM
Tell your wife it's for safety. It is.

Bill Adamsen
11-06-2015, 2:07 PM
Dimitrios - You might also consider a crosscut sled. A search on this site for that term (crosscut sled) will return lots of design ideas. They can be built without much effort and with scraps, and are quite versatile for smaller sheet goods, even box joints. Although that looks like a nice little device suggested earlier looks good too, and for not too much money.

keith wootton
11-06-2015, 4:17 PM
i have one. from about 1976, but fit on my unisaw from 50's. i like it, but you do lose your left side extension wing and you have to cut the rail for rip fence. this applies to any other option for sliding table as well. you think about that for a while with saw in hand before you cut. i have a spare rail if i ever decide i had to have it for a specific job. no more having fence on left side of blade. and you may have to modify or cut down outfeed table. i especially like that the top comes of in one second and the support arm folds up next to my outfeed table. actually made footprint of saw/outfeed table smaller. depending on how you set it up it can stick out quite a ways from saw.... i found it on craigslist 2.5 hours away and paid $225 i think.

Tom Clark FL
11-06-2015, 4:17 PM
You are probably lucky that your didn't find a Unisaw sliding table. The newer model attachments are so much better. I bought this sider 25+ years ago, and then a friend bought a Grizzly 5 years ago. The grizzly was so much better… Just make sure your new table will crosscut 48". You will use it far more than you think.

Evolution!

Jeff Duncan
11-06-2015, 8:14 PM
I bought the smaller Excaliber slider a good 15 years ago and it's still going strong. No experience with the others.

good luck,
JeffD