PDA

View Full Version : Yanmar Tractors

Rich Riddle
11-05-2015, 11:59 AM
Do any of you have any idea on the value of a Yanmar 140 series, 147d, diesel tractor in good condition? It has a snow blade and finish mower. Also, are they decent tractors? It's not a grey market model. Thanks.

Robert Engel
11-05-2015, 12:17 PM
Call a dealer and ask what they will give you on trade in, then double it.

daryl moses
11-05-2015, 12:55 PM
The Yanmar 147's sold new for around $7500 in the 1990's. The D series tractors are 4X4 so they were more expensive.
Yanmar made the compact tractors for John Deere [may still make them]
They are great little tractors.
Don't rule out the "grey market" tractors. I've owned one for 10+ years and it has been a brute. About the only difference in the Grey tractors and those sold new here in the states deal with some of the safety equipment ie ROPS, live clutch, multi speed PTO to name a few. Most of these safety concerns can be overcome by purchasing after market parts. I added a ROPS, and an over running clutch to my tractor.
My tractor is a little larger than a 147 mine is a 2220D. The 147 is a two cylinder diesel mine is a three cylinder engine. Not sure of the H.P. for the 147 probably around 13 mine is 26.

Rich Riddle
11-05-2015, 2:08 PM
Daryl,

I was told it's a 14 HP unit. I cannot tell if it has a live clutch, and it isn't the grey market model. It was sold in Ohio. It has the single speed PTO. Just trying to figure out a fair price for one with a finish cutter and snow blade. Thanks for the information.

Matt Meiser
11-05-2015, 4:44 PM
The other consideration would be parts. Part of the reason brands like John Deere and Caterpillar are so expensive is they have a strong dealer and parts network and one can usually have a part overnight if its not in stock locally (at a price of course, but better than being down 6 weeks waiting for parts.)