PDA

View Full Version : A MAC, Corel Draw and the smart mouse...

Mike Troncalli
11-04-2015, 9:05 AM
All,

Nothing earth shattering here but maybe someone has run across this and has a solution.

My laser machine is a standard Windows machine with Corel Draw X5 on it. I do have a 27' iMac with Parallels / Windows installed with Corel on it as well. Most of the time I do my work on the laser computer, but sometimes I like the larger screen on the mac. Here is my problem. When using Corel my smart mouse with just a slight touch will ZOOM the drawing way out or in making it hard to use.

Usually I just grab my windows wireless mouse and plug into a USB port and go with that. But what I would rather do is simply find out if there is a setting in Corel that would either remove the auto zoom function or make it adjustable.

Since Corel was not made for a Mac and a smart mouse I would only assume this isn't a normal feature that can be adjusted, but I don't know..

Once again not a huge problem since I can either swap out mice or just do my work in the windows machine..

One small caveat. The solution I am looking for cannot include ANY hardware purchase... I don't want to buy a second mouse or a larger screen.. Just a possible tweak on the Corel software.

Thanks

John Bion
11-04-2015, 9:15 AM
Mike,
I had exactly the same issue a couple of years ago. I searched for and played with every setting I could find to no avail. I have ended up discarding my Mac mouse and use a generic blue-tooth mouse (this eliminates the need for a USB connection for the mouse). You could of course just keep swapping your present Microsoft based mouse, but realistically, a second mouse costs very little. I do use my Tracpad for all other things on my iMac, but use the generic mouse for Corel.
Kind regards, John

PS: If this helps: I am presently using a Tecknet Bluetooth mouse, model BM306 which I purchased off Amazon, comfortably sculptured for a right-handed person and works well, my only complaint is that it “sleeps” when not being used and sometimes takes several shakes to “wake-up”.

Mike Troncalli
11-04-2015, 9:21 AM
John,

Thanks for the quick reply, and you are most likely right.. I do use the wireless mouse from the windows computer, so pretty easy and yes you are right I can purchase a new one for very little $$... But I wanted to find out first if anyone else had this problem and had a solution to it... Oh well... I guess I could be having worse problems to complain about... Thanks again.

John Bion
11-04-2015, 9:34 AM
Mike, It was someone on this forum who gave me the solution a few years ago :) I can’t remember off hand who that was though - so thanks to them ;)

Scott Shepherd
11-04-2015, 9:42 AM
Same issue. I only use it for doing tutorials for the Trotec, and it makes it really hard to demonstrate drawing something in Corel and sending it to the laser.