PDA

View Full Version : show me your spray booth setup

sascha gast
08-30-2005, 5:25 AM
i am in desperate need for ideas for a little spray booth setup. i am very space limited IN the shop, but i can spray outside and build a little booth outside that would stay in place. but i also wouldn't mind ideas for a little tear down booth IN my shop.
i know large pieces of furniture need to be sprayed outside, but my turning i wouldn't mind finding a place in my garage. i want a fan in it and rig it up as good as i can. it doesn't have to be perfect, just good enough to produce a nice finish on my turnings.
pics from you guys would be appreciated, just want to know how you all do it.

thanx guys

sascha

Bill Esposito
08-30-2005, 7:11 PM
I'm thinking about some kind of folding screen kind of thing. I was seriously considering a PVC framed, plastic coated, portable booth but now I'm not sure. Since I intend to spray mostly quick drying wb lacquer dust isnt too much of a problem. I did spray some cabinets inside last weekend cuz it was raining. I just placed a couple of drop cloths and sprayed. There was very little overspray so I think some kind of folding screen and an open window with a fan will work most of the time.

I may still do the booth on one of the upper barn floors but that means cleaning the barn...so for now it's the screen idea :)