PDA

View Full Version : Google problems with IE 11

Harold Burrell
11-02-2015, 10:50 AM
Is anyone else having trouble with Google and IE? I will put in a search term and...nothing...

It makes me kind of...324573

Rich Engelhardt
11-02-2015, 11:25 AM
Words fine for me.

Let's check some basic settings.
Go to tools - Internet Options, click the connection tabs and go down to the LAN settings when the tab opens.
Every thing should be unchecked. If not, what's checked and what's listed for a proxy server?
(chances are if you're using a proxy server, someone set it up and that someone would be in charge of fixing connection problems for you)

2nd thing - when did you last reboot your PC?
I had some update show up that required a reboot on my PC the other day. I don't recall what it was for.
My PC was sort of flaky until I rebooted.

Larry Browning
11-02-2015, 11:45 AM
Is anyone else having trouble with Google and IE? I will put in a search term and...nothing...

It makes me kind of...324573

Could you define the term nothing?
Does it just go away never to return? Does it return, but give you no results? What????

Have you tried other search engines, like Bing?

glenn bradley
11-02-2015, 12:34 PM
I only use IE when I absolutely have to like on some poorly designed and therefor very browser specific tool-sets at work. If you can't do without flash, I run Firefox for these knuckle-dragger sites.

Bill Orbine
11-02-2015, 8:08 PM
I have the same problem and I use IE 11. To get around it, I open another Google page on another tab and it works just fine. Curiously I just ran Crap Cleaner yesterday (after 2-3 months) and it clean up 1,400 megabytes :eek: . Too soon to know if that did the trick but not a problem since.

Ken Fitzgerald
11-02-2015, 8:28 PM
I run with IE-11 and don't have the problem. Google works just fine.

Harold Burrell
11-03-2015, 7:23 AM
Could you define the term nothing?
Does it just go away never to return? Does it return, but give you no results? What????

Have you tried other search engines, like Bing?

Nothing, as in, I will type in a search term...Google will then even assist me by bringing up a drop down list of possibles (you know, like trying to figure out what I want)...I will then either click on one of the choices or finish typing it myself. Then...all I get is a black Google page with nothing but my search term at the top.

Larry Browning
11-03-2015, 2:12 PM
Nothing, as in, I will type in a search term...Google will then even assist me by bringing up a drop down list of possibles (you know, like trying to figure out what I want)...I will then either click on one of the choices or finish typing it myself. Then...all I get is a black Google page with nothing but my search term at the top.

Wow I have never even heard of anyone ever having that problem. I think I'm out, I have nothing to contribute. Sorry for your problems!

Curt Harms
11-04-2015, 7:10 AM
I only use IE when I absolutely have to like on some poorly designed and therefor very browser specific tool-sets at work. If you can't do without flash, I run Firefox for these knuckle-dragger sites.

Good answer. There's nothing that says you must only have one browser. Even Microsoft is wanting people to lose I.E. if they can (and move to Edge preferably)

Bill Huber
11-07-2015, 9:05 AM

Go download MalwareBytes and run it, make sure you up date the data file to the latest one.
https://www.malwarebytes.org/mwb-download/

My wife had the same problem on her PC and we found a malware problem.