PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G0454Z Owners, any regret?

Scott Brandstetter
11-02-2015, 10:14 AM
Looking to add this to the shop and wondered if there were any warnings from current owners. I have a Grizzly Table Saw, Bandsaw and Lathe and couldn't be happier. Not sure why it wouldn't be the same with this beast.

glenn bradley
11-02-2015, 12:48 PM
I smile every time I use it. It comes factory set for rough lumber processing. I altered the settings since I use it for darn-near a finish planer and the serrated metal feed rollers are a far cry from the delicate rubber rollers on a lunchbox machine. Your untended use will change the value of this. I have read where people have swapped out these rollers with rubber versions but, have not find the need. I did back off the feed roller tension quite a bit, set the bed rollers a thou below the table and set the infeed and outfeed tables dead flat. I get nice clean, tearout-free, snipe-free, predictable results.

I did change the oil at the 20 hour mark per the manual and have checked it a couple times a year since then. I also add a couple drops of light machine oil every 8 hours or so of operation. I did have some very slow gearbox leaking as others have reported. Once the gaskets got comfy, this stopped. The machine has done nothing but work several times a week since September of 2010.

Justin Ludwig
11-02-2015, 1:03 PM
I've run a few 10000 bd ft through mine. No regrets for the price. I set my rollers .002 above the table. I sometimes get snipe but don't care because it's a rough end that's gonna get snipped at the RAS anyway.

glenn bradley
11-02-2015, 1:54 PM
I apologize. I have a G0453Z . . . . . but, I still smile every time I use it.

keith micinski
11-02-2015, 9:56 PM
Love mine.

John C Bush
11-04-2015, 12:52 AM
bought mine used and have run many, many bf thru it. surface finish isn't as good as my old Parks 12, but very happy with the machine.