PDA

View Full Version : BLUM Compact 33 Mounting Plate Help

earl wojciechowski
11-01-2015, 5:01 PM
I have built a workbench out of 2 X 4's. It is 24" wide by 10' long. I have several sliding drawers that I would like to put a door in front of. The openings of the drawers are 24" wide. I have the BLUM Compact 33 hinge, but not sure which mounting plates I need. There will be two doors per drawer. The the mounting plate will mount onto the 1.5" side of the 2x4, with the 4" side facing the front. I currently have the 1.5" mounting plate, but it is not working.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I do have a rough sketch up drawing I could share if that would help.

This has been kicking my butt

Earl

John TenEyck
11-01-2015, 5:39 PM
A sketch would help, but it sounds like you need a "face mount plate" and you are trying to use an "edge mount plate". Face mount plates allow you to mount the hinge to the face of the 2x4 instead of on the edge. That would allow the door to clear the opening for complete clearance for the drawer.

John

Gerry Grzadzinski
11-01-2015, 5:50 PM
The 1.5" plates are for a 1.5" overlay. All of the Edge mount plates are for mounting to a 3/4" faceframe. You either need to grind the tabs off the back of the plates, or use the face mount plate. There is only one face mount plate available, part #133.0240

Jerry Miner
11-01-2015, 8:01 PM
Yes, a sketch would help. What's "not working" with the current set-up?