PDA

View Full Version : "You have received a new fax, document" - ad? - scam?

Stephen Tashiro
11-01-2015, 1:38 PM
I'm getting emails that supposedly contain fax documents from interfax dot net. (subject: "You have received a new fax, document ....") Is this a new type of email advertising or scam?

Bruce Page
11-01-2015, 2:18 PM
Virus - https://techhelplist.com/spam-list/652-you-ve-received-a-new-fax-virus

MY hard fast rule: Email from someone I don't know or about something I didn't ask or request - DELETE without opening.

Rich Riddle
11-01-2015, 2:18 PM
It is a scam.

Scott Shepherd
11-01-2015, 2:25 PM
Got a new one for me this morning. It listed one of my email addresses, said it was from the Admin Mailbox. It said if I didn't contact them immediately, they were going to terminate that email account. That's interesting, since I'm the guy who is the email Admin :)

A few red flags :

"if we do not received any responds from you" - it's receive, and response, morons...
"all incoming email with high massage size" - it's message, morons...
"You have used 95% MB of 5G of your email account quota" - huh? 95% MB of my 5G???

Rich Riddle
11-01-2015, 2:49 PM
Scott,

Someone called the other day from the "IT" department to discuss our "windows-based" personal computation. We don't use a "windows based" computation but rather a Macintosh computer.

Myk Rian
11-01-2015, 8:27 PM
Turn your spam filtering on.
Rule #1.

Greg R Bradley
11-01-2015, 9:20 PM
Just typical malware, hoping you will click on the link to infect yourself. Here is a typical report from one of my businesses from the first level SPAM/AV filters. You can see the junk exceeds the semi-legit email: