PDA

View Full Version : Base closures :-(

Rob Littleton
08-30-2005, 12:41 AM
Been hearing a lot in the news lately about base closures.

Very sad.

In fact, Kansas City Royals have decided to close their second and third base since it hardly ever gets used....

HAHAHAHA

Jim Dunn
08-30-2005, 8:29 AM
If that weren't so funny it would be mean:eek::eek::eek::D

Jeff Sudmeier
08-30-2005, 8:53 AM
LOL :) NIce one, really wasn't expecting that one!

Jim Becker
08-30-2005, 10:01 AM
Ooh...we've been had! Rob, was your spider friend visiting you again?

Lee DeRaud
08-30-2005, 11:03 AM
In fact, Kansas City Royals have decided to close their second and third base since it hardly ever gets used....Kinda like what happened to Kurt Warner recently: came home from practice and couldn't park his car...somebody had painted a goal line across his driveway.:p

Scott Coffelt
08-30-2005, 11:34 AM
Being from KC, I should really be mad that comment, but in fact I think it is funny. Try living here and having to watch them, I really like baseball but this so sad to see a team that use to be a prenial power house be just horrid and if it is possble getting worse. Half the team shouldn't even be sitting ont he bench in a back up role, let alone starting. You know the old saying, "I left 4 Royals tickets on the dash and my car unlocked. When I came back there were 8 pairs of tickets on my dash." :p

Lee Schierer
08-30-2005, 12:18 PM
It reminds me of a joke I heard....

A guy goes into a bar and takes a seat at the bar. He reaches in his pocket and takes out a frog and sets it on the bar. He orders a beer for himself and one for the frog. They sit there watching the Browns game on the TV. Late int eh game, when the Browns kick a field goal, the frog leaps in the air does a couple of back flips and some hand stands and then sits back on the bar. The bartender is amazed and comes over and starts talking to the guy.

He says, "That frog of yours is pretty amazing!", the guy replys yeah he does get pretty excited when the Browns kick a field goal. The bartender then asks, "What's he do if they score a touchdown?", the man responds I don't know, I've only had him for two years!

Donnie Raines
08-30-2005, 12:28 PM
I live in the land of the Bengals and the Reds...so I have more then my share of cheap shots. Granted, the Bengals seem to be moeving forward. Here are a few I still recall:

What do the Bengals and Billy Graham have in common? They both canmake 60,000 people stand up and yell "Jesus Christ".

Where do you go in case of a tornado? The Paul Brown Stadium...they never get a touch down there.

What do you call a Bengal with a SuperBowl ring? A thief.

Whats the diffrence between the Bengals and The Taliban? The Taliban has a runing game.

...I could keep going....but as I said...they are moveing forward. :D :D :cool: