PDA

View Full Version : Jessem "Paralign" question

Randy Rose
10-30-2015, 1:12 PM
Viewed the Jessem videos for both 08300 ( Paralign ) and the smaller 08350

08350 demonstrates the method for making a T joint with vertically oriented holes.
08300 video does not, is it possible with this model ?

Picture attaching a 1 x 2 cross stringer/stretcher to the mid point inner face of a 1 x 4 table apron.

I would prefer the built in clamping of the Paralign model but not at the expense of not being able to perform this operation.

Thank you for your replies.

mreza Salav
10-30-2015, 5:09 PM
I have both and I think both can be used to do any kind of join the other does. They are nothing more than a flat surface with precise holes for drill guides to which a vertical "fence" is attached at whatever distance from the center of guides. The fence is removable if you want.

Randy Rose
10-31-2015, 1:49 PM
I have both and I think both can be used to do any kind of join the other does. They are nothing more than a flat surface with precise holes for drill guides to which a vertical "fence" is attached at whatever distance from the center of guides. The fence is removable if you want.

Understood that the movable fence is removable, if however, the Paralign`s block with the clamping screws is fixed in place I will not be able to rotate the device 90 degrees to accomplish my goal.

Thank you.

Matt Day
10-31-2015, 2:18 PM
It's removeable - 2 bolts.

PM Bill Huber or check out his website. He's the local zen master of the Paralign jig. I'm sure he's come up with a way tondo what you want to do, likely with a jig of some kind.

mreza Salav
10-31-2015, 2:58 PM
Understood that the movable fence is removable, if however, the Paralign`s block with the clamping screws is fixed in place I will not be able to rotate the device 90 degrees to accomplish my goal.

Thank you.

All three pieces of the jig can be dis-assembled.

Randy Rose
10-31-2015, 5:33 PM
It's removeable - 2 bolts.

PM Bill Huber or check out his website. He's the local zen master of the Paralign jig. I'm sure he's come up with a way tondo what you want to do, likely with a jig of some kind.

Will do.
Thank you.

Randy Rose
11-02-2015, 2:17 PM
Spoke to JessEm today, " The 08300 does not do indexed T joints like the 08350"

Will order one and perhaps put my dedicated mortise on C/L . ( wood shop equivalent of a treadmill )

Thanks