PDA

View Full Version : Getting closer

Roy Sanders
10-29-2015, 10:12 AM
Hello Community

Thanks to all the coaching you've offered i am getting closer to learning how to use my machine on my pen work. I do wish I could cut down on the depth, and just get 'print', going back over, re-chucking and filling in the lettering . . . . is time consuming. I just completed a 30 pen order and had to decide to leave them 'textured' or make them smooth with CA glue. (the recipient didn't specify which and doesn't care, these are give away pens)
I ran this at 300 mm/s and 10% power. (I have a Chinese machine) I used a pen fixture from laserbits. Without further ado here a couple of pics.

As Always, thank you for your supportive replies,

Roy :cool:

PS. A member posted a pic awhile back with pics of Left-handed and right-handed engraved pens. Will you help me learn how to set that up?

Dan Hintz
10-29-2015, 11:35 AM
That logo looks to be too big for the pen, Roy... can you shrink it a bit? When you start getting close to the edges of the pen, the burn will be different (you can see a bit of that in the first photo).

Roy Sanders
10-29-2015, 5:37 PM
Hi Dan

Yes, I can. Actually had it 15 or so % less and it looked congested on the practice dowel piece. So I will shorten them and see how that turns out. Thank you