PDA

View Full Version : Big Thank You to The Saw Mill Creek Community, Trotec AU & Phil Vernon

Jack Clague
10-28-2015, 9:57 PM
Hi All,

For those that followed my original thread here i (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?234677-Laser-Engraver-Cutter-Questions-and-Decisions)ts now coming up to 1 month of owning my new Trotec Speedy 300 and I just felt it right to say a big thank you to The Saw Mill Creek Community, Trotec Australia and specifically Phil Vernon for helping through the entire process of digesting all the info, choosing a machine, getting it setup and turning what started out as a dream into a reality.

Since the 1st day the machine arrived it has been rather smooth sailing, my business is rolling along and our website will be up and running right on schedule.

Big Thanks to all that helped me in the original thread, there was so much info I had to digest and work through to determine what was right for me, without your help I doubt it would have been as smooth sailing as it has been, you guys are great and I really appreciate how honest you all are, this is really a great community to be part of and I'm proud to be in it.

The machine is incredible, I am still very happy with my decision and do not regret going for the Trotec, it has been exceptional to work with, very precise and so so fast, The Trotec Team in AU are awesome to deal with, level of care if 2nd to none, a good example was a small issue with my Rotary device and without even asking they replace it with a new one so i am not having to deal with any issues, kinda blew me away really, emails are responded to quickly and the onsite training was great.

And a BIG BIG thanks to Phil, without you pushing me to rethink my original decisions and go to the show in Melbourne I may have ended up with a setup I would have regretted getting down the line, I really do appreciate the support you have given me and off your own back, taking my calls at weird hours with my questions. Thank you, I still owe you at least a crate for your help :D

As a side business I can't play all day :( but I've attached some of the work that i've been able to get done in the small time I have had the machine

Thanks again all, you have all been a big help to make this dream come true

vic casware
10-28-2015, 10:25 PM
Nice work Jack, Get cracking, engrave everything you can get your hands on. I find Stainless Steel drink bottles come up
really good, same with Slate tiles they look amazing as wall art and everything you can create with Corian.
Happy Playing

GO the ALL BLACKS!!!
had to add that bit in...

Robert Tepper
10-28-2015, 10:53 PM
Congratulations on your purchase!

Robert

Mike Null
10-29-2015, 7:01 AM
Jack

It looks like you achieved proficiency quickly. Nice work and good luck.

Keith Outten
10-29-2015, 8:03 AM
Jack,

You obviously have a talent for laser engraving. I agree with Vic that you should engrave every type of material you can get your hands on and experiment as much as possible which makes the learning curve more enjoyable.

Roy Sanders
10-29-2015, 9:08 AM
Jack, I echo your gratitude, I am finally learning. Unlike you I do not have such a business. I am a hobbiest and pen turner, so my learning curve is higher. Plus I self imported and my support, while excellent and very responsive, doesn't have strong command of my US English. THIS COMMUNITY HOWEVER IS PHENOMENAL.
BEST WISHES JACK, and thanks Sawmillers.

Roy

Jack Clague
10-29-2015, 5:44 PM
Nice work Jack, Get cracking, engrave everything you can get your hands on. I find Stainless Steel drink bottles come up
really good, same with Slate tiles they look amazing as wall art and everything you can create with Corian.
Happy Playing

GO the ALL BLACKS!!!
had to add that bit in...

Half Kiwi bro... GO ALL BLACKS

Congratulations on your purchase!

Robert

Thanks Robert

Jack

It looks like you achieved proficiency quickly. Nice work and good luck.

Thank you for the compliment, allot of that is from all the help here and the ease of using this machine

Jack,

You obviously have a talent for laser engraving. I agree with Vic that you should engrave every type of material you can get your hands on and experiment as much as possible which makes the learning curve more enjoyable.

Thank you Keith, Mrs has already bolted down everything she doesn't want engraved

Jack, I echo your gratitude, I am finally learning. Unlike you I do not have such a business. I am a hobbiest and pen turner, so my learning curve is higher. Plus I self imported and my support, while excellent and very responsive, doesn't have strong command of my US English. THIS COMMUNITY HOWEVER IS PHENOMENAL.
BEST WISHES JACK, and thanks Sawmillers.
Roy

We all start somewhere Roy and we are all here for the same reason, a common genuine interest in engraving, no matter if its hobby level or mass production.

Phil Vernon
10-29-2015, 6:13 PM
Aww shucks Jack...
No probs, you made the decision in the end mate, I said that I might come to the expo just to ensure you went :-) I had no agenda, just your best interests mate.
Like I said you will always, and I mean always, get a better deal as a first time buyer at an exhibition. Why? Because normally the management will be at the exhibition knowing how many $$$ being there has cost them. They/we want to recoup that asap.
We still need to catch up mate.
Forget the case of beer, I will hit you up for some engraving one day.
Cheers,
Phil.

Jack Clague
10-29-2015, 6:25 PM
Aww shucks Jack...
No probs, you made the decision in the end mate, I said that I might come to the expo just to ensure you went :-) I had no agenda, just your best interests mate.
Like I said you will always, and I mean always, get a better deal as a first time buyer at an exhibition. Why? Because normally the management will be at the exhibition knowing how many $$$ being there has cost them. They/we want to recoup that asap.
We still need to catch up mate.
Forget the case of beer, I will hit you up for some engraving one day.
Cheers,
Phil.

Thanks Phil, it was really nice to have someone to fall back on though, specially as I was doing this all alone.

Yes we need to catch up :D probably before the nightmare which is Xmas starts haha

Phil Vernon
10-29-2015, 10:35 PM
Jack,

Maybe pass on the PVC and the like, some materials are just plain nasty.
I had a previous customer Laser engrave some obscure plastic on the Friday arvo and the heavy fumes settled on the table lead-screws. Come Monday morning and the machines making a moaning noise. Couple of times of him running the table up and down quickly got rid of the noise and chewed the leadscrew nuts out. Then he called me! Major repair.