PDA

View Full Version : Beta testers needed for digital drill press depth gauge

Barry Wixey
10-28-2015, 4:05 PM
I haven’t done this for a while but I have a handful of prototypes of a digital drill press depth gauge and I am looking for a few Beta testers to give me some feedback. It involves attaching the device to your drill press, using it for a while, and then answering a simple multiple choice questionnaire. You may need to drill 2 small holes in the side of your drill press and the kit includes a bit and screws.

If you are interested send an email to me at digital@wixey.com . I need to know:

What size DP you have
Does it have the traditional depth stop rod or the round depth stop dial
Do you have a laser guide on your machine and if not let me know if you think you would ever use one.

Hope you can help. Thanks!

Ben Rivel
10-28-2015, 4:48 PM
Just sent you an email. Got a Delta 18-900L.

Cary Falk
10-28-2015, 5:39 PM
Email sent for my PM1200.

Jim Laumann
10-28-2015, 5:50 PM
Email sent - Newer Jet 17"

Bryan Cramer
10-28-2015, 5:57 PM
Email sent too. I have an old Delta DP220.

Barry Wixey
11-03-2015, 3:26 PM
Thanks for all the offers! We have had more than 40 people offer to help and have picked 8 out of the batch. If you were selected, I just sent you an email letting you know.

I really do appreciate all the support I get from this great group of woodworkers.

Dave Cullen
11-03-2015, 4:54 PM
I'd like to see a pic of one attached, if you could please.

Randy Rose
11-03-2015, 6:40 PM
I really do appreciate all the support I get from this great group of woodworkers.[/QUOTE]

And I for one truly appreciate the value added products that you have brought to the woodworking hobby.

When I look at the cost of a digital readout set up for a knee mill ( i.e.Bridgeport) compared to your table saw version, I am astounded at your ability to transfer this technology to wood at a price that is essentially "free"

Thank you and keep innovating !

Brian Tymchak
11-04-2015, 10:44 AM
Nice! Can't wait to see that on the market! Thanks Barry!