PDA

View Full Version : McNaughton M8-2013 Center Saver

Steven Green
10-27-2015, 10:14 PM
Is there such a thing as a best price on the McNaughton Center Saver? I'm in the market

Ralph Lindberg
10-28-2015, 12:24 PM
Woodcraft has a "clearance" sale at $360 (vrs $390 most places)

Jeffrey J Smith
10-28-2015, 3:58 PM
There used to be a fairly robust used market for the MacNaughton from people who bought it evidently expecting the tool to know how to use itself, but it seems that after the AAW article and the many YouTube videos that showed how it is best used that market has dried up. It's still a great value at the current prices.

David Delo
10-28-2015, 6:38 PM
Woodcraft has a "clearance" sale at $360 (vrs $390 most places)

Ralph, where do you see Woodcraft has it on clearance? I searched their almost 700 clearance items and didn't see it.

Ralph Lindberg
10-28-2015, 6:59 PM
Ralph, where do you see Woodcraft has it on clearance? I searched their almost 700 clearance items and didn't see it.

I just pulled it up again and it's now saying "unavailable" (ie sold out)
http://www.woodcraft.com/product/127676/kelton-standard-mcnaughton-system.aspx?gclid=Cj0KEQjw5MGxBRDiuZm2icXX2-sBEiQA619bq6QFBKjTiDb3nXFE6e84WWdS6h_3YTnOFpVhAGUs sUgaAlXJ8P8HAQ

David Delo
10-28-2015, 8:19 PM
I just pulled it up again and it's now saying "unavailable" (ie sold out)
http://www.woodcraft.com/product/127676/kelton-standard-mcnaughton-system.aspx?gclid=Cj0KEQjw5MGxBRDiuZm2icXX2-sBEiQA619bq6QFBKjTiDb3nXFE6e84WWdS6h_3YTnOFpVhAGUs sUgaAlXJ8P8HAQ

Thanks for the link Ralph. However, when searching the Woodcraft site, I can't come up with any results when searching for "Kelton" or "McNaughton" or "coring." Actually, I was hoping to find some specials on other individual knives. I'm looking for the jumbo size and/or the mini's since I already have the standard set.

Ralph Lindberg
10-29-2015, 12:58 AM
David, you need to check the PDF that the AAW published with the article on coring devices a couple years ago. It shows the radius of each blade in the McNaughton set, interestingly there is a lot of over lap. As I recall the only difference between the standard and mini set is the length of the blades, not the radius.

Reed Gray
10-29-2015, 1:04 PM
Between the jumbo, standard, and mini sets, the curves are pretty similar, or identical. I use the medium curved blade from the standard set for 90% of my coring. I do know you can buy the individual blades from Craft Supplies, and I think you can get them from Lee Valley as well. The large set of blades for the Mark 8 are a thinner guage than the older sets. I don't have any of them, but have heard there are bending problems with them. My blades do show a twist type bend with lots of heavy use, but they can be bent back.

robo hippy