PDA

View Full Version : Shop Fox Classic Fence on Contractor Saw?

Dick Brown
10-27-2015, 7:48 PM
Bought a like new S.F Classic fence and rails last night for a good price. I refurbish old table saws as a "Hobby" (make about $5 per hr.) and usually build Biese. Home Shop clones for the contractor saws. Once in a while, I find a Unisaw to freshen up. Have a couple Craftsman contractors in the shop waiting for attention right now. My question, is the S.F. a bit of overkill on the Craftsman's and should I keep it for a larger saw?? I am sure there are some out there on contractors saws so what's your feelings.
Dick

Cary Falk
10-27-2015, 8:20 PM
I'm all for a good fence on a table saw. I'm not a craftsman fan. Part of their problem is their fences. With that said the cl marketing for contractor saws here is you buy the fence and the saw is free.

Bruce Wrenn
10-27-2015, 9:35 PM
I have Biese clones (shop made) on both my Delta CS. Sold the one that was on old C-man for more than what I was offered for complete saw. Gave the saw away, with stock fence.

Bill White
10-28-2015, 11:12 AM
I have the Shop Fox Classic on my Grizz 0444Z. Great fence.
Bill

cody michael
10-28-2015, 11:40 AM
Bought a like new S.F Classic fence and rails last night for a good price. I refurbish old table saws as a "Hobby" (make about $5 per hr.) and usually build Biese. Home Shop clones for the contractor saws. Once in a while, I find a Unisaw to freshen up. Have a couple Craftsman contractors in the shop waiting for attention right now. My question, is the S.F. a bit of overkill on the Craftsman's and should I keep it for a larger saw?? I am sure there are some out there on contractors saws so what's your feelings.
Dick

do you have plans you wouldn't mind sharing? I bought a new bandsaw and wold like to build a fence for it. it all looks pretty simple other then i'm not sure how the cam lock setup should be made

Bruce Wrenn
10-28-2015, 9:16 PM
[QUOTE=cody michael;2484382]do you have plans you wouldn't mind sharing? I bought a new bandsaw and wold like to build a fence for it. it all looks pretty simple other then i'm not sure how the cam lock setup should be made[/Q
Google shop made / home made biese fence