PDA

View Full Version : A Craftsman's Legacy

Aaron Conway
10-27-2015, 8:12 AM
The recent thread on woodworking tv shows got me thinking. Has anybody else seen the tv show, A Craftsman's Legacy (http://www.craftsmanslegacy.com/#undefined)? I found it about a month ago on CreateTV and really enjoy it. I really like the variety of craftsmen/women he has had on the show and seeing them work in their shop. I really find other crafts quite interesting even if I never have any plans to try it out especially those people who actually make a living from it. Looks like they've already got season two in the works.

Cheers,

Aaron

Bruce Pratt
10-27-2015, 8:44 AM
Seen it; like it; recommend it to anyone interested the craft tradition of any flavor.

ALAN HOLLAR
10-27-2015, 10:12 AM
Season 2 started a few weeks ago in some parts of the country. If you go to their website and join the Legacy Society, all the last seasons episodes are available. I was fortunate enough to be selected as their first woodturner, and will show up sometime in season 2. Spent a 13 hour day in February with the host and crew. An interesting, exhilarating, and exhausting experience.

David Cramer
10-27-2015, 11:23 AM
The show, in my opinion, is awesome! Eric is from Michigan and went to Sterling Heights High School. Very down to earth dude! Congrats Alan on being the show's first woodturner.

The first season was mainly craftsmen (& women) from Michigan, but it was really, really good! Probably my favorite show. This season started out with a clockmaker. Very interesting segment. Super neat to see how masters do their thing. Again, congrats Alan!!!

David

David Cramer
10-27-2015, 11:30 AM
Well done Alan!

http://www.averyjournal.com/eric-gorges-and-alan-hollar-in-hollar-s-wood-turning/image_47fdd1a0-bae8-11e4-a153-07f2ac3355d5.html

Rick Potter
10-27-2015, 11:33 AM
Congratulations Alan.

Aaron Conway
10-27-2015, 11:48 AM
Alan, just saw your episode a few days ago. Congrats. Great setup you have there, great selection of lathes and even better finished products.

Aaron

John Sanford
10-27-2015, 2:35 PM
I definitely enjoy the show.

Doug Ladendorf
10-27-2015, 3:49 PM
Thanks for raising this Aaron, I hadn't seen it. Setting DVR!

Alan, I'm looking forward to your episode!

Doug

Mike Schnorr
10-30-2015, 9:49 AM
Thanks for the info Aaron! We don't get the channel up here in the UP but I went to the website and joined the "Legacy Society" to be able to watch the full episodes online. Can't wait to see them all!

Mike

Aaron Conway
10-30-2015, 9:54 AM
There's also a PBS series called "Craft In America". Looks like season 6 starts on Nov 10...at least here in NH.

Enjoy,

Aaron

Tom Stenzel
10-30-2015, 12:09 PM
The first season was mainly craftsmen (& women) from Michigan, ...

David

The show is or was sponsored in part by the Pure Michigan group.

Congrats again Alan!

-Tom

David Cramer
10-30-2015, 11:16 PM
Correct Tom. Eric is from Michigan and grew up in Macomb County. I believe his company is out of nearby Auburn Hills(?). He started around here, I would assume, in part to keep costs down. As the show took off and possibly more sponsor money appeared, he can (and has) branched out.

David

The show is or was sponsored in part by the Pure Michigan group.

Congrats again Alan!

-Tom