PDA

View Full Version : Now THIS is service!

Paul Berendsohn
08-29-2005, 6:01 PM
We're finishing up a set of custom made kitchen cabinets for a client, and among other things they requested thin doors. I looked around for hinges that would work with 1/2 thick doors and found Mepla hinges that had a shallower than normal cup depth. We had ordered a whole bunch from McFeeley's but as we hung the doors I discovered that someoneeeeeeee miscalculated the overhang on 4 glass doors (ahem) and we needed 4 pairs ASAP with a different dimension. Checked McFeeley's who was out of stock, and claimed they were being discontinued. In a panic I called Mepla, who referred me to a larger distributor in CT who did stock them but required a $300 opening order. I called Mepla again, and explained my problem. They verified that McFeeley was out of stock, and said that while they ordinarily wouldn't do this, under the circumstances they would help me out by shipping them to me directly.

Lesson One... double, triple and quadruple check my drawings.

Lesson Two... Always use Mepla hinges.

Thanks Mepla, you saved my backside, not to mention making a superb product!

PaulB

Richard Wolf
08-29-2005, 6:46 PM
Good for you Paul. Sometimes staying on top of it gets you the reward.

Richard

John Renzetti
08-29-2005, 7:05 PM
Hi Paul, Glad that worked out for you. It's nice when a manufacturer steps in directly.
take care,
John

Michael Perata
08-29-2005, 11:03 PM
It takes so much effort and cost to get a customer, yet a returned phone with pleasant and efficient customer service keeps a customer forever.

I have a hard time understanding why many companies can't figure out this simple notion.

(Not dumping on McFeeleys - a good company.)