PDA

View Full Version : Shenhui Fan removal and Table leveling...

Michaell Martinez
10-26-2015, 2:40 AM
I haven't been able to find answers via search...

Machine: Ebay Shenhui 350D like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/50W-CO2-Laser-Engraving-Cutting-Machine-Engraver-110V-USB-Cutter-/331626643060?hash=item4d367cfe74:g:XZYAAOSwgQ9VtvU 8

First: I bought a blower motor and still have the original exhaust fan connected. I'd like to remove it, but I am not sure what I need to cut/disconnect or otherwise render to get rid of it safely.

Second: I removed the crappy table cover (minimal air flow) leaving the frame and have some honeycomb on order. I have since discovered that my table frame is not level with the x axis nor the y axis. It is a manual operation to move the frame up and down via knob. What should I level first? What is the best way to level the table?

Third: Lens... Convex side down or up on this machine?

Thank you all so much for the awesome forum!!

Kev Williams
10-26-2015, 1:10 PM
Not sure how to answer the fan problem except to say, just remove it...?

As for the table, some have chains (I've never seen one) some have lead-screws. Regardless, there should be one for each corner for moving the table. Lead screws should have a belt gear on the lower end, held in place with a set screw or two. For whatever corner you want to adjust, loosen that setscrew, then verifiy you can hold that lead screw still while the other 3 will turn during cranking. If that corner is low (or high) then lower (or raise) the rest of the table enough to make up the difference, or you can turn the disconnected lead screw by hand. You'll likely have more than one corner to adjust. Be sure to tighten the screws when you're done.

Not sure how a chain-drive is 'anchored', but if you can determine how to disable an individual chain, then adjust the same way...

Lens-- The curved side always faces the sky to be "correct", but I actually turn mine upside down when cutting plastics, seems to work better for some reason...

David Somers
10-26-2015, 1:33 PM
Michael,

An alternative to Kev's adjust the table frame approach would be to get your Honeycomb and then lay that on the table frame and level the honeycomb.

In my case, I have a table frame that would be levelable, but annoying to do. Then I have the knife edge supports. Then I have the honeycomb.
I put in the knife edge supports and got them all true to the X and Y axis of the gantry. Each has a set screw at either end to adjust the height. Once adjusted I used Loktite to make sure the leveling screws dont wander. And I used a dab of cyanoacryilic glue to fix the knife edge bars in place so they dont shift. CA glue can be release with a sharp rap or with heat so it is easy to undo.

Then I laid the honeycomb on the knife edges which provides extra support to the honeycomb. Of course the honey comb is neither square nor level itself. So I made adjustments to it so that I could always lay it on the knife edges in exactly the same spot without fuss and it was level to the X and Y axis. Then once that was in I made guide bars that attach to the honeycomb, and I made those square to the X and Y axis so I had a way to make repeatable setups. The honeycomb is easily removed and easily replaced to a known square and level position. I can use the knife edges easily and they are all aligned and ready to use.

A bit of work to do initially, but it has been nice since.

Dave

Michaell Martinez
10-27-2015, 1:57 AM
Kev and David! Thank you for the suggestions regarding alignment. I think I have it all squared away... pun intended.

I am still wondering about that fan. Since adding the blower, that thing probably triples in RPM. I have basically no smoke issues as of now... just wondering how to remove it.

Bill George
10-27-2015, 8:10 AM
Kev and David! Thank you for the suggestions regarding alignment. I think I have it all squared away... pun intended.

I am still wondering about that fan. Since adding the blower, that thing probably triples in RPM. I have basically no smoke issues as of now... just wondering how to remove it.

Michael its a mechanical thing, you need to figure out how the fan was installed and then do the reverse.