PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw table extension

Paul Schaefer
10-24-2015, 10:24 PM
I really like my 14" bandsaw. However, I don't like the teeny table - it's almost impossible to get any work done on it!

All of the table extensions I've seen had compromises I didn't like - fiddly bits to remove for blade changes, decrease in cut depth, or a loss of table tilt. So I built this:

There's a jointed and planed 26"x 2"x3" 'rails' at the front and back of the table, with plywood wings spanning them to the table left and right. Additionally, there's a narrow wing hanging off the back for day-to-day use that increases the table depth to 22" inches. At 22"x26", my extended table is almost the size of my table saw table! I also plan to build another long (3 or 4 foot), temporary extension to replace the back wing when I'm ripping really long stock. When it's time to replace the blade, I just remove two bolts and pop off the right-side wing.

Rick Potter
10-25-2015, 2:41 AM
I like it.

I have a simple melamine table that I attach right over the entire table of mine. Works fine most of the time, but I am thinking of one like yours so I can use the miter gage. My fence is a simple clamp on, which could be better also.

Lee Schierer
10-25-2015, 9:04 AM
Is that a custom dust collection attachment under your table or is it part of the saw?