PDA

View Full Version : Vanguard IRA customer service

Dave Lehnert
10-24-2015, 12:55 AM
All have great service when you are sending them money.
I would like to hear from people who have invested with Vanguard then, Want to start withdrawing money at retirement.
-Any problems?
-Do you have to keep calling to get issues resolved?

Bill Neely
10-24-2015, 2:53 AM
We have our accounts with Fidelity. They calculate the RMDs, tell me the due dates, withhold taxes, send the checks, etc. No problems. I can't imagine Vanguard would be any different.

Jerry Thompson
10-24-2015, 5:26 AM
I have been withdrawing from my IRA's with Vanguard for years and have had no problem.

Michael Weber
10-24-2015, 11:24 AM
Never........

Ken Platt
10-28-2015, 9:39 PM
I haven't started withdrawing yet, but have had great experiences with Vanguard retirement service people. Over the past few years I've been consolidating and moving accounts to Vanguard because they seem really on the ball and communicate very well. I get email AND phone updates, prompt return calls when I have a question, just all round great service.

If you want to hear more about Vanguard services, there is a forum called "Bogleheads". Lots of folks with huge amounts of experience with Vanguard, you could probably get several dozen replies regarding the Retirement services division.

Ken

dennis thompson
10-29-2015, 4:33 PM
My wife and I have IRA 's with Vanguard and withdrawals have been handled flawlessly. Note that you do not have to speak with anyone to make a withdrawal ( although you can) it all can be done very easily over the internet.