PDA

View Full Version : Trotec honeycomb table

Graham Taylor
10-23-2015, 4:01 PM
Do these stand up to cleaning with a pressure washer?

Keith Winter
10-23-2015, 5:15 PM
Do these stand up to cleaning with a pressure washer?

Never tried on my 300 cutting grid but my 400, pressure washer is that what trotec told me to do, I haven't tried it yet.

Kev Williams
10-23-2015, 6:39 PM
If you want to clean your honeycomb, do this:

Go to HD and pick up a gallon of xylene, some elcheapo paint brushes, some 6 mil visqueen, and some 2x4's...

Lay the 2x4's, flat, into a box shape out on the drive way, to a size that your table will rest on 2 ends. Cover the the hole and around the boards with the visqueen.

Suspend your honeycomb table on the boards within the visqueen 'tub'. Pour a pint of xylene in a quart jar, grab some paint brushes and start "painting"...

The old guck will come off like magic, and the viqueen tub will catch it all (xylene won't attack visqueen). Turn the table over and repeat if necessary. When done, rinse with your water hose and let air dry.

You can soak up the xylene with some old rags or just let it evaporate.

You can still power wash it after to get it REALLY clean, and you'll need a lot less pressure :)

Scott Shepherd
10-23-2015, 6:39 PM
You can, just don't get too close to it. You can easily bend them vanes into a hot mess if you do. I often soak mine in a vat of Krud Kutter, then take it to a car wash that's about 1/4 mile away and rinse it off with the power washer, but I never get it close to the vanes.

Keith Winter
10-23-2015, 6:47 PM
This is good info, I'm going to pass it along so they don't toast ours at the car wash. Thanks :)