PDA

View Full Version : Switching Casters on Shop Fox Universal Mobile Base

Frank Drackman
10-22-2015, 2:41 PM
I have a Grizzly G0634XP 12" J/P riding on a Shop Fox Universal mobile base. The plastic wheels basically slide on the painted concrete floor of my shop making it hard to move the machine. I love the casters on the Sawstop mobile base along with the ease of moving the saw.

Don't want to reinvent the wheel, so I am looking for suggestions to improve the mobility of the J/P.

Bruce Page
10-22-2015, 4:31 PM
The Shop Fox wheels under my heavy Woodmaster drum sander flat spotted making it difficult to move. I replaced the wheels with a set of red polyurethane caster wheels that I picked up at a local caster shop. They have been under the drum sander for 3-4 years and still roll smoothly. I don't recall what I paid for them but they weren't cheap.

Dennis McDonaugh
10-23-2015, 10:40 PM
After ten years in my shop the wheels on both of my shop fox mobile bases started breaking apart. I took one off and tried to find casters that would line up with the mounting holes in the shop fox, but didn't have any luck. I finally bought four red casters, from home depot, and swapped out the wheels and axles on the new wheels with the old. It worked pretty well.