PDA

View Full Version : Source for Trumpet Call Parts

Matthew Poeller
08-29-2005, 10:52 AM
It is kinda interesting how this all came about and reason that I am looking for parts for turkey calls.

I turned a small wand out of some scrap cherry for one of my co-workers kids. They are really into Harry Potter.

Well another guy that I work with looked at it and said, what is that a turkey striker. Nope a wand. This guy used to compete in tukey calling and said that he would like me to make him a couple of slate strikers like that. Keep in mind that I have never hunted a day in my life and had no idea what I was talking about. This guy went on to say that I should make xome trumpet calls (wingbone calls). I saw some online that people turned but have not been about to find a source for the mouthpieces. I know that I do not need a mouth piece but I like that way that they looked.

Any ideas?

Kurt Aebi
08-29-2005, 11:00 AM
Matt,

Take a gander over at the custom callmakers site - I'm PM'ing you the link and look at what they have done. The strikers and trumpets they have there are quite impressive and should give you a good idea as to size, etc.

Look for the PM

Jim Ketron
08-29-2005, 5:08 PM
Hey Kurt shoot me a PM too please :D

Dick Parr
08-29-2005, 5:10 PM
Me too Kurt. ;)

Thanks

Hal Peeler
08-30-2005, 7:48 AM
Me too, please. Thanks
Hal

Matthew Poeller
08-30-2005, 10:03 AM
Kurt,

Thank you very much. I appreciate your help. I know this guy at work will help me out but that sight that you gave me is going to be very helpful.

Matt

Dick Parr
08-30-2005, 12:29 PM
Thank you Kurt, I also appreciate the links you sent. ;)

Hal Peeler
08-30-2005, 1:09 PM
Thanks Kurt!

Kurt Aebi
08-30-2005, 2:04 PM
No Problem, You're quite welcome.

I just hope that some of the Turkey Call makers come over here - from what I have seen there are some accomplished woodworkers over there that could really contribute here as well.

I'll send anyone who wants the links - I just can't post them here so as not to violate the TOS.

Jim Ketron
08-30-2005, 4:30 PM
Thanks a bunch Kurt!
Looks like some nice sites!

Jerry Clark
08-30-2005, 9:13 PM
Hey guys, it is OK to list the link in the thread - no big secret- I may be interested also and I bet there are others. :cool: unless it is another forum!:p

Kurt Aebi
08-31-2005, 7:33 AM
It is another Forum - that is why the PM with the link.