PDA

View Full Version : G0690 Gloat

Chris Clark
10-20-2015, 3:48 PM
Woohoo. I just got back from buying a G0690 at Grizzly's Muncy location. They still have several left and they are ringing up 30% off instead of the 20% off that they are marked.

I'm headed back Friday to pick it up with my truck and just need to figure out how I'm going to get it unloaded by myself when I get home.

I'm also mulling over getting a G0555LAX when I head back as well. They had a ton of them left as well as the regular G0555 bandsaw.

Paul Wunder
10-20-2015, 5:26 PM
Can't ask for a better Gloat: New, high quality, and dirt cheap! Congratulations

Chuck Hart
10-20-2015, 6:25 PM
Nice! I might suggest you rent a short term truck with a power lift. Use a pallet lift to get it onto the power lift then use it to get it into your shop. OR use a engine lift to get it out of the bed, you could short term rent one of those for about $30-40. I am sure there areplenty of people who have had to get one out of their truck. Nice job, wish I had your problem I would be happy to have that saw.

George Werner
10-20-2015, 7:55 PM
My brother and I were able to hand lift it out of the bed of my truck and move it into the shop. It really is more manageable than you would think once you pull the wings out of the box (they're not attached to the saw when shipped). Keep in mind that the saw will be bolted to the pallet, easier to move once you remove the bolts.

Mike Gavin
10-28-2015, 4:29 PM
Congrats on the killer deal!

You happen to know if they are maintaining that discount until the doors close at the end of the month? I'm on the fence about taking a day to ride out there and pick one up myself.

George Werner
10-28-2015, 4:41 PM
Congrats on the killer deal!

You happen to know if they are maintaining that discount until the doors close at the end of the month? I'm on the fence about taking a day to ride out there and pick one up myself.

Their website is saying 20% off new and up to 90% off scrathc & dent until they close on the 31st.

Chris Clark
10-29-2015, 2:15 PM
Mike, I replied to your PM.

I managed to get it out of my truck by myself with no real issues. It's all together now and ready to roll.

Now I just need to find a hardwood source in my area. (state College, PA)

Dimitrios Fradelakis
10-29-2015, 8:03 PM
Now I just need to find a hardwood source in my area. (state College, PA)

Try this site:

http://www.woodfinder.com/

Christopher Clark
10-29-2015, 9:49 PM
Congrats! I have the same saw. Took the top off to move down into my basement. Did it alone, not to difficult. Good luck.

Matt Day
10-29-2015, 10:50 PM
I've never had any luck with woodfinder (Virginia, Utah, Ohio). A much more thorough way to do it is to use google maps, zoom out to the region you're willing to drive to, and use search strings like "hardwood", "lumber", "lumberyard", etc. it'll take some time to click through but it's worth it.

Chris Clark
10-30-2015, 10:19 AM
Congrats! I have the same saw. Took the top off to move down into my basement. Did it alone, not to difficult. Good luck.

And the same name.:D