PDA

View Full Version : Laser power problem

vic meek
10-20-2015, 1:10 PM
I have a BRAND NEW Chinese laser and I am having trouble getting to produse full power.
The laser is the XB-4060 50 watt laser
I posted on another thread that when I do a laser test from the panel that at low power setting the laser tube will produce a pretty hot beam.
But when I put the power percentage up to 90 % I dont get a beam at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c6gpdrU9Cs&feature=em-upload_owner

When I asked the Chinese sellers tech about this problem all I got was (We have never meet this problem before,You must take a vodeo for this problem to us ,We want to have a look first,Thank you in advance,)

This was after waiting for 2 days to get this answer.
When I do a test I can hear the exhaust fan start to slow down and speed up when I release the button.
I dont know if I have a high voltage power supply or a low voltage supply problem.
Any ideas?

Bill George
10-20-2015, 5:38 PM
I don't suppose you got any documentation with the machine? Maybe someone else has one like this and offer suggestions.

Dave Sheldrake
10-20-2015, 5:52 PM
Had a discussion about this very thing only 3 hours ago with my laser supplier over here after I saw it mentioned on Facebook. I'd never heard of reversed power settings so made a call.

It's wired wrongly.....will mean speaking to the supplier of your machine though, you don't wanna be rewiring it without speaking to them first

vic meek
10-20-2015, 8:34 PM
I want to send you a you tube link to see what is happening.
Could you please have your guy contact me as I also have a power problem and would like to get his opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c6gpdrU9Cs&feature=em-upload_owner

I kind of figured out a possible way the problem occured. Real simple the display is wired backwards
The line to increase the laser out put is connected to the push buttons for the decrease buttons.
NOW what I am having problems with is the amount of laser output power.
I also have a 45 watt laser and it will cut all the way through a 1/4 in lite ply using a slow pass speed
This laser wont cut through a 1/8 in balsa at any speed...?
I have aligned the mirrors several times to make sure I am not hosed up somewhere and the beam is being split by hitting a frame or side of the nozzle.
I started from the first mirror and got a nice round footprint but in working with laser in IBM for several years I know that my test paper at that point should have been COOKED!!
I get my best footprint at what is on the panel 5% power.
As I increase power the laser decreases in power and is completely gone at 50% power
I know better than to go easter egging in the supplys with out a wiring diagram or schematic.
So now Im stuck and all I can get from the sellers tech is ( Ive never heard of this before)
I have emailed them no less than 200 YES 200 times and all I get is I WILL GET BACK TO YOU...With the help of the forum and what little knowledge I have on these type of lasers I have had to solve this myself.
One thing for sure when I am done I will have become one of the go to guys for this laser.

vic meek
10-20-2015, 8:52 PM
I don't suppose you got any documentation with the machine? Maybe someone else has one like this and offer suggestions.

no one yet has said they have a laser like this...xb-4060

Dave Sheldrake
10-20-2015, 9:05 PM
It's a Rayfine Laocheng Laser

Yup the power buttons are wired backwards due to the machine for the Chinese market being the other way round, that's an easy fix, the power problem is focal height by the look of it although even when that machine is firing at high power thats a pathetic spot...a 40 should ping through that in a nano second and set the paper on fire

What current do you have at the negative end of the tube (use a mA meter set to 0-50mA) ?

vic meek
10-20-2015, 9:14 PM
havent tried that yet will have to dig out my meter

Keith Winter
10-20-2015, 9:19 PM
Vic download the manual to your power supply, Dave already told you what it was.

I've been reading all your posts, there are a lot of them on here and 50+ posts on cnc zone. Many are asking questions you can solve yourself by doing forum searches and google searches. You've got to start do some of the legwork on your own (forum and google searches). You also need to start providing back to the community if you expect support. Not one of those posts I've read are you helping others. Additionally, asking someone to have their tech call you to spend their time and money diagnosing problems stemming from your choice in buying a low-end sub-par machine off eBay is too much to ask. It's ok to ask for help when you cannot find a solution, but not reasonable to ask another member to have their support staff or tech to call you to fix your machine (which you didn't buy from them) in my opinion.

vic meek
10-20-2015, 9:34 PM
Well thats really nice to hammer me for asking for help!
Not in one of my post did I say I would not help anyone else.
If you read the post for tonight I said I would be the go to guy with this laser and by the way I looked at the laser dave sent reference to and it is not my machine.
If you would prefer I take my problems else where please dont beat around the bush just say so.
Just because you think I bought a sub par machine does not make it sub par.
A lot of the major computer companies today are buying sub par machines and tripling the price and trust me it does not make it better.
I have always learned that when you have a complaint also have a possible solution.

Keith Winter
10-20-2015, 9:50 PM
Vic,
I'm saying you keep asking questions and going on rants about the guy you bought the laser from, but are not contributing back to anyone else's questions. That's why people stopped replying to you on the other forum as well. Yes you bought a sub-par machine, no doubt about that. You stated on the other forum it was a sub-$2000 machine from an ebay guy in China selling all kinds of other garbage. You cannot buy a decent laser for that price, chinese or not. Now look, I'm not saying they should have messed it up this bad, but I have been reading all your posts for over a month and this one just took it too far I think. Asking questions you cannot find answers to after searching is great. However I simply don't think it's reasonable to ask others to "have their guy contact you" or to provide phone support on their dime to diagnosis issues and fix your machine for you.

vic meek
10-20-2015, 10:10 PM
I didnt ask for any phone number
If this tech is what you think i am asking for is too much so be it.
I will take my problems elsewhere.
I dont need to be asking for help when no one wants to help and if I offended anyone I am sorry
And if I have offended you with my post then I am sorry that I have bored you.
There will be no more post from me on this forum.

i

Bill George
10-21-2015, 8:58 AM
I didnt ask for any phone number
If this tech is what you think i am asking for is too much so be it.
I will take my problems elsewhere.
I dont need to be asking for help when no one wants to help and if I offended anyone I am sorry
And if I have offended you with my post then I am sorry that I have bored you.
There will be no more post from me on this forum.

i

You buy a no name Chinese laser with no support and you have no skills in troubleshooting and repair, and don't do any basic searching on your own. Then come here Expecting Answers for problems. These folks on here are pro's and trying to make some money with their businesses, not help everyone who drops in.

This is from Post #4 > I want to send you a you tube link to see what is happening.
Could you please have your guy contact me as I also have a power problem and would like to get his opinion.

Scott Shepherd
10-21-2015, 9:37 AM
To me, this is really simple. You bought it through ebay. You have buyer protection on ebay. Contact them, file a claim, or do what you have to, to prove that it doesn't work as advertised and get your money back or a replacement item that does work. Trying to fix something that's brand new and you are protected on, from ebay, doesn't make sense to me. You're just opening up the door for them to say "Well, we would have replaced it, but he changed the wiring", which puts it back on you.

Kev Williams
10-21-2015, 2:57 PM
I've said this before-- show me where on this forum that 'amateurs need not post here'...?

It also reminds me of one my favorite sayings: "Those of you who think you know everything are very irritating to those of us who do."

When a forum such as this turns into "do a search", it fails to have any further use.

If someone's subject matter irritates you, quit reading it.

Like I'm doing now...