PDA

View Full Version : help testing sample in UK

Dave Hutton
10-20-2015, 12:38 PM
Hi All

Would anyone in the UK be able to try a sample material for me please.

I'm trying to get it tested at a supplier before I press the button on purchase (it needs to do this thing to semi justify the purchase :-) I have sent samples which 'didn't arrive', then more samples which did arrive but can't be tested as the showroom is closed during the week and engineers are needed to test and they are not in until friday :-)

The material is a thin polyester (yes I've checked) sticky backed label for want of a better word and I want to use it as an adhesive mask. Therefore the image needs to be cut/burnt away leaving the surround (an internals of letters etc) intact on the carrier sheet, for subsequent transfer using a transfer tape to the product. The material is marginally thinner than the 'lights' type material supplied by Trolase/Rowmark etc.

I'm interested to see what sort of quality can be achieved. Pretty sure its straightforward as several have posted that they 'use it all the time' so can't see it being a problem but I need to be sure as there are other machines that'll do it and I want to be sure I buy the right bit of kit. I'm talking about small lettering and logos , rather than pictures/photos, and small maybe 50mm x 50mm - that sort of size.

If any one thinks they can spare a little time to look at this for me I'd be obliged.

Please contact me by pm or email and we can sort out a sample or two to try. email address is djhutton at btinternet.com

Thanks

Dave Hutton

Dave Sheldrake
10-20-2015, 12:50 PM
send it over Dave, I'll do it for you :)

Dave Hutton
10-20-2015, 1:15 PM
send it over Dave, I'll do it for you :)

Your'e a star - where would be be without helpful chaps like Dave!

Could you let me have address and I'll post some off tomorrow - be nice to know that it works :-)

DJ