PDA

View Full Version : Theramark and the "marking" option in CorelLaser

Roy Sanders
10-20-2015, 9:34 AM
;) 323680

Hello,

I finally figured out how to MARK on my brass pens with Theramark. I really do not like the Rattle can type, and I never used the mix and spray.
I also wonder if the 'marking tape will work best. Thai's what Ill buy next. Once I fine decent Military graphics; not necessarily the military issue type I can begin taking order from Veterans,

The one here is the "replica" for enthusiast and gifts. The veteran's and their family; active also, will get the actual 'once used' casing.

I am curious if any you have thoughts, ideas, or suggestions.

Thank you for reading

Roy

Dan Hintz
10-20-2015, 2:13 PM
You've come a long way, Roy, and we're happy to see it... but I think you still have some work to do with the CerMark. That mark is already half worn off, which means the entire mark is unlikely to last long with handling. A properly laid down CerMark can only be removed by sandpaper, sandblasting, etc. If it's flaking after washing, handling, etc. then it is NOT a solid bound. If you want repeat customers, I would suggest getting a rugged mark first before offering the service.

Mike Null
10-20-2015, 3:06 PM
Roy

What do you mean by replica? Is it a real shell casing? I am skeptical that a good permanent mark can be made on brass shell casings so I'd like to see you have some success with it.

Bert Kemp
10-20-2015, 4:25 PM
Hey Roy your looking fairly good, I kinda agree with Dan but I can't tell if the mark is wearing off or was not properly tasered on to start with. One other thing I look at a different font so it all fits on the casing. Looks like the The top of the A and bottom of the Y failed to engrave totally.;)

Mike Null
10-21-2015, 8:38 AM
Roy
Some of us have fairly good military art files. Let us know what you need.