PDA

View Full Version : chinese laser setup

vic meek
10-18-2015, 1:26 PM
For those that responded to my thread on Dont buy a chinese laser I thank you .
I now have my laser working
I had to buy my own software and a water pump to get it working.
The beam alignment was so far off it took me a hour to get it to the point that it would burn paper.
Still not happy but will fine tune it later.
CAUTION!!!! When the beam on any laser is out of alignment it is lasing in any direction so use a piece of old fax machine paper to align the first mirror and dont stand or put any part of your body in front of the laser beam...
Now on to my problem
Lets start by saying the Chinese tech has been no help what so ever...
I am not trying to beat down or say bad things about these people but they just have been no help.
I am at the point where I am trying to cut 1/8 ply or balsa and I started with the power at 40% on the display and it cuts a wide pattern about 1/8 in wide so I started moving the table to find a focal point with about 1mm width GOT IT.
Now at 40% I have a great looking cut line but it is not cutting all the way through.
I increased power up to 60% and it stopped lasing so I went to the max and got nothing.
Scratching my head I started over checking the alignment then doing to beam test from the panel at 5% all looked good it popped a hole all the way through the 1/8 ply.
I again started at 35% and got the cut line but no penetration.
I set the power on 5% and tryied to cut and it cut all the way through.... the digital disply is backwards. High power is the low numbers and low power is the high numbers on the display read out.
Is there a way to change this???
Has anyone else seen this on their laser???
I have a XB- 4060 50 watt ebay laser

rex scates
10-19-2015, 12:20 PM
its best to chat with them Via QQ or skype they all have accounts these days.

the issue you have with XB its not a direct chinese company I bet. I researched the company and it seems they are a trading company for the most part located in Shenzhen. (I have visted that city numerous times) They do make CNC machines from what I see. Not sure about your actual laser unit.
this is there facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shenzhen-Scotle-technology-ltd/225077640943040

they recently change from video games? which is weird but trading companies in my mind are weird. :)

if you need help finding them on Skype or QQ chat service let me know

-rex

For those that responded to my thread on Dont buy a chinese laser I thank you .
I now have my laser working
I had to buy my own software and a water pump to get it working.
The beam alignment was so far off it took me a hour to get it to the point that it would burn paper.
Still not happy but will fine tune it later.
CAUTION!!!! When the beam on any laser is out of alignment it is lasing in any direction so use a piece of old fax machine paper to align the first mirror and dont stand or put any part of your body in front of the laser beam...
Now on to my problem
Lets start by saying the Chinese tech has been no help what so ever...
I am not trying to beat down or say bad things about these people but they just have been no help.
I am at the point where I am trying to cut 1/8 ply or balsa and I started with the power at 40% on the display and it cuts a wide pattern about 1/8 in wide so I started moving the table to find a focal point with about 1mm width GOT IT.
Now at 40% I have a great looking cut line but it is not cutting all the way through.
I increased power up to 60% and it stopped lasing so I went to the max and got nothing.
Scratching my head I started over checking the alignment then doing to beam test from the panel at 5% all looked good it popped a hole all the way through the 1/8 ply.
I again started at 35% and got the cut line but no penetration.
I set the power on 5% and tryied to cut and it cut all the way through.... the digital disply is backwards. High power is the low numbers and low power is the high numbers on the display read out.
Is there a way to change this???
Has anyone else seen this on their laser???
I have a XB- 4060 50 watt ebay laser