PDA

View Full Version : From a Craigslist ad in my local market

Kent Adams
10-18-2015, 10:04 AM
I have a pile of lumber taking up space in my garage. Some very fine boards perfect for furniture building or special projects. I have cypress, cherry, brazilian cherry, applewood, and red and white oak. Some of the boards are quite large, 120+inches across and 14+ feet long. Most would have to be thickness planed. Some of the cherry would be good for turning. I'll make a great deal if someone wants to take a good portion of it off my hands.

Now if he has 10 ft. wide and 14 ft long lumber, that would be something. I've reached out to him to find out if he made a mistake. I asked him if it was Sequoia. :)

No pictures were submitted with the ad.

Rich Riddle
10-18-2015, 11:09 AM
I saw a few trees that could produce such a yield at the grove of 100 giants in the National Forest in California. Short of that, I don't think of many other varieties that could do it. I would pay a premium to have cherry in that dimension.

Kev Williams
10-18-2015, 11:37 AM
I'm sitting here in my basement on the computer, looking straight ahead from the stairwell to the laser is about 10', and from the stairwell to the far wall is about 14'...

Nah. The math doesn't work on every level. For a 14' long board 20" or 12", okay, but not 10'...

Bet a buck he's got a 1 or a 0 in that number that doesn't belong... ;)

Kent Adams
10-18-2015, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he didn't mean to ad a 0 there, but I'm having a little fun with him. Then again, he is asking $10,000 for the lumber so one would think he would look over the ad and make sure its correct and at least add some photos.