PDA

View Full Version : Comcast did right by me for once!

Brian Elfert
10-17-2015, 7:15 PM
I had Comcast services installed at my house just over a year ago. The installer noted the signal strength was low, but everything seemed to work. I have been noticing for several weeks that two of my cable TV channels are very pixelated to the point of basically unwatchable. I finally called Comcast on Thursday evening and they did some things and it didn't fix it. They were able to schedule a tech for today which I thought was good. I got home last night and the two channels in question had no signal at all. I called them again and they tried a few things again and I decided to wait for the tech today.

The tech showed up today on time and was very nice. He checked my signal strength at the house and out at the street and it was very low. He was shocked I had any service at all. He said the problem is in the main line and that a different tech should be by in a few hours to fix it. Apparently a different tech did come by and fix it because about four hours later I noticed the two channels were back and no more issues. My On-Demand also works consistently now which the first tech said the problem was due to the low signal strength.

I was expecting a big hassle and a long wait to get it fixed. They did a great job in getting it fixed quickly even though it was not a complete outage. Completely different experience than my initial install at this house which they totally botched.

charlie knighton
10-17-2015, 7:56 PM
no comment.....good luck on holidays

Ole Anderson
10-19-2015, 2:14 PM
I have been dealing with Comcast at our home for over 25 years. Once in a while you get a tech that really knows what he is doing. I had a low signal issue and he immediately laid out a new RG-11 line to the pole, to be buried later, replacing the lighter RG-6 line. 14 ga center conductor vs 18 ga.

Brian Elfert
10-19-2015, 2:44 PM
I already have a much thicker coax line than normal due to the distance to the junction box. The problem was with the main line and not the line to my house. The tech was surprised I didn't have a junction box closer to my house.