PDA

View Full Version : Weike 9060 100 watt, any idea of price?

Neville Stewart
10-17-2015, 1:10 PM
Hi guys, please indulge me here, I've got a 6 year old weike 36" x24" 12" z, chuck style rotary, freon chiller, air pump, knife & honeycomb table, spare lensesand mirrors, about a 6 month old reci z4 100 watt tube. Now that I have a Trotec, it a space taker. Well cared for and maintained. Any ball park figures on worth? Austin, Texas.

Glen Monaghan
10-17-2015, 4:18 PM
Not really all that helpful, but it's worth the minimum amount you are willing to sell it for, unless the most that someone else is willing to pay you for it is less than that, in which case the most someone else will pay is what it's actually worth. Much like driving a new car off the lot, to you it's worth the price you paid but, already, it's depreciated and worth considerably less to virtually everyone else. And, six years later, if it's not a "popular" vehicle, it'll be worth even less to others despite how much you've babied and cared for it. Value of your machine might only be 10-25% of new price for a similar Chinese laser unless you are fortunate enough to find the "right" buyer who would pay 30-50% but be pleasantly surprised if you can get that much or more. You can look at recently ended listings for similar machines on eb*y and check what successful sales prices were vs what was being asked for ones that didn't sell to gauge your asking price. Then offer it and check the responses. If no nibbles, you eventually have to re-evaluate whether it's worth less to you than you thought. If you get good interest but no buyers, you may just need to wait a bit longer for the right buyer to show, or maybe negotiate a bit more with the enquirers. Used prices are always tricky for poorly established "markets".

Keith Winter
10-17-2015, 5:08 PM
I'm not a used laser expert but maybe this will help you. I priced a similar laser from g weike about 3 months ago, they were asking around $3400 base. Probably $3800 if you include the rotatry and chiller upgrade. That's about $4600-$5000 to get it new stateside. Factor in your years and that might help you come to a price.

A couple other things to consider are one shipping and crating that to someone else is going to be pretty expensive. Also to you, this is your baby, your business partner, your loyal friend. To others though this is a Chinese laser and considered a commodity, borderline disposable. If you could get 40% of the value of a new one you'd be doing really well, 20-30% of new is probably more like what it will bring on the open market. It's considered a big risk to buy a used Chinese laser. The perception is people are just selling them because they have a problem. Regardless of if that is true or not, your price will have to reflect that perception unless you can find the right buyer who will pay more.

Neville Stewart
10-17-2015, 5:34 PM
Thanks guys, makes sense to me. I've worked out all the bugs on it, and although I cant charge for that, it's a reliable slicer for sure. Either way. Good info. Thanks again.

Ross Moshinsky
10-17-2015, 6:44 PM
Here is how I value used machines. Take the price of a new one. Then subtract tube, PS, belts, bearings, lens, mirror, a stepper motor, and a motor driver or two. That's about market value for the machine. After 4 years I'd expect to replace ALL of those things in the very near future.