PDA

View Full Version : Simple DC connection.

Jim Dunn
08-28-2005, 7:56 PM
While trying to connect 6" SDR35 to the hub on my Jet DC I came upon a solution that is simple.:D First the problem was that the fittings are to large and the pipe is too small.:mad: SDR 35 can be purchased with a hub that has a rubber gasket inside. A little foam and some self tapping screws and the job is done.:eek: Practically no leaks.:p

Now the problem. The added weight seems to put strain on the sheet metal shroud that houses the impeller. So I shimmed it up. I could just see the sheet metal splitting and comming into contact with the impeller and FIRE.:eek:

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Jim

John Miliunas
08-28-2005, 8:36 PM
Jim, nice solution but, I'm left wondering about something. From the picture, it looks as though the SDR fitting is a "T", with straight 90's coming off of it. That's really not the most ideal situation in terms of flow and will restrict the total quite a bit. If that is a "T", as it looks, any chance you can branch out to Wye's, instead?:) :cool:

Jim Becker
08-28-2005, 8:37 PM
Ditto what John said...I was going to type that in, but got distracted by an IM...

Jim Dunn
08-28-2005, 8:40 PM
Only had a T" when I put that area together. Future piping will include Y's :)