PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!

Ray Beaty
10-16-2015, 1:35 PM
Hi All

So I was working with the laser and stopped for awhile and when I was ready to start up again the x axis would not move and then the y and z axis would not move and still doesn't. I heard a spinning noise and could smell a electrical burn when I was pressing the x axis on the control panel. I checked the electrical panel and the x,y,z step drivers do not light up green so I guess they may be dead but don't know for sure. Could this have caused by a shorted circuit? I don't know what direction to go from here. I would be appreciative for some input this.

Thanks,
Ray

gweike 5040 60w

Dave Sheldrake
10-16-2015, 2:24 PM
Could be the PSU that supplies power to the steppers, or the same PSU that powers the stepper control cards, it could be the mainboard dead or failing....a LOT of possible causes

Given that you can smell burning I would have a real close look round the electrics until you locate the source of the smell (and don't turn the thing back on for now)

Ray Beaty
10-17-2015, 2:05 PM
I was aligning the mirrors constantly moving the x,y axis around, could this have been part of the problem?