PDA

View Full Version : Respirator

Edward Weingarden
10-15-2015, 9:43 AM
It's time to replace my half facepiece respirator after 20 years. What are people using that will fit under the face shield? I don't want to use the disposable ones. Thanks.

Prashun Patel
10-15-2015, 10:05 AM
3m half mask. I love that thing. The elastic does tend to wear out after a couple years, but they're so cheap and compact and COMFORTABLE, I just get new ones.

Nice thing is you can clip in organic cartridges too for spray finishing.

Rich Sabulsky
10-15-2015, 12:02 PM
Another vote for the 3m products. I have a TM-6000 that fits very well under my faceshield, even with the disks added. I use the pink 2091's just to keep a bit more of the fumes out. The mask and a pair of filter discs was under $15 using our Grainger account at work.

The 7500 is said to be even more comfortable, but it's slightly larger/heavier.

Justin Stephen
10-15-2015, 2:26 PM
The 7500 is said to be even more comfortable, but it's slightly larger/heavier.

I have and use the 7500 and think its wonderful. It is very comfortable and I often forget I am even wearing it pretty quickly. I also have a full beard and a pretty big head and it seems to seal against my face quite well. Between that and running a dust collector hood next to the piece, I feel pretty good about things. It also fits well underneath my faceshield with no contact at all between the two so that I have noticed.

I never tried on the 6000, having read that it was not as good for people with larger noggins and/or beards. I assumed that those reports were accurate and went straight for the 7500.

allen thunem
10-15-2015, 4:21 PM
I bought the Miller lpr-100
it is small enough to fit nicely under a face shield

glenn bradley
10-15-2015, 5:07 PM
Another Miller LPR-100 (http://www.amazon.com/Miller-LPR-100-Respirator-Small-Medium/dp/B00V7UUNU4) user here. It is my new go-to; the best I've found since 3M canned my previous favorite when they bought AO Safety. I still use the larger twin canister for nasty chemicals.

Edward Weingarden
10-15-2015, 7:24 PM
Sounds like there's a number of options for respirators that will fit under a face shield. Thanks for the feedback.

Jeff Bower
10-16-2015, 9:23 AM
If you'll be using a face shield, the 7500 is the way to go. It exhaust down instead of out so it won't fog the face shield.