PDA

View Full Version : Pics of your shop?

Kev Williams
10-13-2015, 2:10 PM
From the '3 machines' thread, which we (I) started hijacking a bit, I got to saying I was going to make a video, then Matt responded:

Kev: Please make that video. I keep imagining a bunch of machines, stacked on top of each other to the ceiling, with lots of rivets, Frankenstein bolts, duct tape, and steam chugging along as they are powered by a coal-fired dynamo with a collection of Commodore 64s and various typewriters. :)

Seriously, I appreciate your wealth of real-world experience and willingness to share it. It's also entertaining. Don't ever stop doing what you do.

I can't get to a video at the moment, but I did grab the GoPro and shot some seriously wide angle pics of the total chaos I call "my shop"... And I'm not sure why GoPro's take such fantastic video but totally suck at photo's..? but oh well, here goes! (and Matt, your're not too far off!)

The Basement:

The Garage:

The upstairs:

This all started in 1969, and has totally swallowed this poor house! Yes, we live here! (nice commute, and the resale on our cars is REALLY good!) ;)

your turn! :)

Keith Winter
10-13-2015, 2:14 PM
Wow I've got to give you props for great space use! Amazing what you've managed to get in there. Well done Kev! Got a second shot of the area with the LS900 ULS etc is like from the other angle, curious how you access all of those?

Bert Kemp
10-13-2015, 2:22 PM
Kev wow How to you find anything, I know you do I can almost match your chaos. I can't match equipment but I come close on the mess:) and I say mess with all good intentions, I know how its, I'm not organized at all. Will post Pictures later., Have to go visit my sick buddy up north today.

From the '3 machines' thread, which we (I) started hijacking a bit, I got to saying I was going to make a video, then Matt responded:

I can't get to a video at the moment, but I did grab the GoPro and shot some seriously wide angle pics of the total chaos I call "my shop"... And I'm not sure why GoPro's take such fantastic video but totally suck at photo's..? but oh well, here goes! (and Matt, your're not too far off!)

The Basement:

The Garage:

The upstairs:

This all started in 1969, and has totally swallowed this poor house! Yes, we live here! (nice commute, and the resale on our cars is REALLY good!) ;)

your turn! :)

Jack Clague
10-13-2015, 5:52 PM
Wow.. that is allot of machines in one house.. :)

Will see if i can get a pic of my garage for you, no where near as impressive though

Matt McCoy
10-13-2015, 6:00 PM
Oh my. Kev, you live inside a giant robot.

Those pics are amazing.

Kev Williams
10-13-2015, 6:05 PM
No Matt, I NEED a giant robot, to clean up this place! Every time I get started, something comes up, never fails. And my days off are NOT SPENT HERE!!! But then, I don't get many days off... One of the BAD things about working at home. Too easy to WORK while at HOME.

Matt McCoy
10-13-2015, 6:16 PM
No Matt, I NEED a giant robot...

I don't know how many times I've uttered those same words. It was a big day in my house when we got the the thing that vacuums the carpet. Maybe your house transforms into a Shop-Vac and you just don't know it yet.

Seriously, your house/shop is even more amazing than I could imagine.

Ron Gosnell
10-13-2015, 8:50 PM
Kudos to your wife, she's still smiling :)

Gozzie

Matt Geraci
10-13-2015, 9:58 PM
I like the customer lobby... it's very... inviting and "homey"!!! :)

Kees Soeters
10-14-2015, 5:17 AM
Kudos to your wife, she's still smiling

You don't know what's in the coffeemug, she's holding:rolleyes:

Kees

Roy Sanders
10-14-2015, 7:06 AM
No WAY will I attempt to compete. All though I feel better about my Cluster .... Shop. You win.

I like your space management.

Roy

Kev Williams
10-14-2015, 11:30 AM
This isn't a competition, I seriously would like to see pics of engraving shops! I COULD use some ideas!

Please remember I've had a 30 year head-start on most of you! This business started out with that table saw in the middle of the "tornado" room, and a single pantograph not far from the V3400 in the back closest to my camera. My dad used to work for Litton, which canned him in 1970 because my mom refused to move to Texas where his job moved. As severance pay, anything in the building Litton moved out of, my dad could have. Anything. Most of our desks, work tables, the linoleum on our floor, all the florescent light fixtures, cabinets, shelving, the hacksaw, big drill press, several file cabinets- ALL came courtesy of Litton Industries. As this business grew we ended up with 2 large Gorton floor machines (an old 3-U and a new P1-2) and 5 New Hermes IRX-IV pantographs. In 1981, enter the computer age, and all hell broke loose. The computerized machines kept moving in and the pantographs moved out. With every change came the next wave of McGuivering something up to work "for now". But "for now" has never changed. All the maze of temporary ductwork piped to an outdoor dust collector to suck up engraving chips, the miles of air compressor lines, all the worn and broken machine wiring supports replaced with wire ties & rubber bands attached to the ceiling, as long as it does the job I don't change anything. Don't have time to upgrade! If I try, work beacons and that's that. And SOMEDAY this whole operation must go away, and tearing out a bunch of jerry-rigged stuff will be easy. Around 10 years ago my dad's frontal lobe dementia came into play, followed by my mom simply getting older, and from 2008 until they passed a few years ago mine & the wife's time was split between work and caring for my parents. Me & Vick moved in in 2009 because we had to, and with little time left over to play janitor, this place has become a nightmare. My sister had been our office duty & painter for 11 years, but between the recession and losing my parent's SS to medicaid which helped pay the bills, we were several months behind in paying our suppliers and we had less than $100 in the biz bank account. With that, I had to let her take a job my other sister offered her, and that left me to handle all the bookwork, bills, handling PO's, ordering supplies, etc. My wife has taken on painting duties and some of the office chores, but she suffers from chronic headaches & migraines which limits her duties. Then in 2010, more hell broke loose, biz just started pouring in and it hasn't stopped! (knock on my head!) The business is overwhelming at times, trying to keep up with it all. So while I'm not happy about the condition of our "robot", I make no apologies for it. It is what it is... for now at least! :)

So c'mon, how about some pics and a little history? :)

Brian Leavitt
10-14-2015, 12:18 PM
Boy oh boy am I glad I don't work out of the house! Looks like you've got it all figured out, though.

I'd put up some photos, but we're moving the whole shop down the road this week. Maybe after I get everything set back up at the new place.

Chris DeGerolamo
10-14-2015, 3:03 PM
I'll share. Not pictured is the front of the office consisting of a cubicle farm.

Keith Winter
10-14-2015, 4:07 PM
Love the "round file" and "employee of the month (again)" Chris! :D

Bert Kemp
10-14-2015, 6:01 PM
I guess I got my first laser about 3 years ago an FSL and we all know how that went LOL . But the reason I got it was to have a hobby and keep busy after I retired. It was never meant to be a business and its not. I try to sell some things here and there to buy materials, but mostly I make things for Veterans and give them to the Vets.
So After 2 years of messing around with the FSL On the advice of people here I got the Rabbit Laser and have had that for just about a year this week and so far its been great and has been making things for the Vets Left and right LOL.
As you can see from the pictures what took Kev 30 years to make his shop comfy :DI have managed to do it in 3 years :o323366323364323365323367323368323369 No good Ideas from me Kev I got mine from You :D

Roy Sanders
10-14-2015, 6:59 PM
Hi Bert

I am too, using my laser for Vets, and others. what I cannot find is a resource for insignia, and logo graphics. 323373 This is one. I have a replica (Chinese) casing I use for non vet. I am learning to use the marking function to put name, rank. dates of service and graphics on this. I turn some of the wood part in purple heart for recipients. My veteran son 3/75 Ranger 3rd Batt, is working with me to learn how to get a copy of the DT2-14 to vet the Vet. We are not sending a purple heart to those who did not earn one, or families.

He is involve in a number of veteran communities from the Afghanistan, Iraqi era.

Roy

Gary Hair
10-14-2015, 7:30 PM
get a copy of the DT2-14

It's actually a DD-214

Bert Kemp
10-14-2015, 8:37 PM
Electronic RequestRequest a DD 214 electronically using the eVetRecs at vetrecs.archives.gov. The online request requires information including name, branch of service, social security number, date of birth, approximate date of separation, place of birth and where the records are to be sent. Once the request is completed, a signature verification form will need to be printed, completed, and mailed or faxed to the NARA within 30 days of making the request.
Request by MailUse Standard Form SF 180 to request a DD 214 by fax or mail. The form may be downloaded and printed from NARA, picked up from local Veteran Administration Offices and veteran service organizations, or requested by mail by writing to the National Personnel Records Center. Once completed, mail the Standard Form SF-180 to the NPRC.
National Personnel Records Center
Military Personnel Records
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63132
Checking the Status of the RequestCheck on the status of the request by email through the NPRC Customer Service Center at mpr.status@nara.gov or by phone at (314) 801-0800. Processing the record requests is typically completed within 10 days upon completion of the request.

Hi Bert

I am too, using my laser for Vets, and others. what I cannot find is a resource for insignia, and logo graphics. 323373 This is one. I have a replica (Chinese) casing I use for non vet. I am learning to use the marking function to put name, rank. dates of service and graphics on this. I turn some of the wood part in purple heart for recipients. My veteran son 3/75 Ranger 3rd Batt, is working with me to learn how to get a copy of the DT2-14 to vet the Vet. We are not sending a purple heart to those who did not earn one, or families.

He is involve in a number of veteran communities from the Afghanistan, Iraqi era.

Roy

Bert Kemp
10-14-2015, 8:42 PM
go here http://www.defense.gov/Media/Military-Service-Seals

Hi Bert

Roy

David Somers
10-14-2015, 9:59 PM
My shop is basically my garage. My wife has given up on keeping a car in a garage....ever. Which is good. Helps eliminate hope and disappointment! <grin> It is about 18x20ft. I insulated the doors so it stays relatively warm compared to the ambient outside temp. Plus I put in a heat robber on the conduit from the furnace to the house. That is enough to keep it at least 50 in the coldest days we get here. If I am working on the lathe and really need warmer temps to be comfortable I can always use a small space heater aimed at me and that is more than enough.

Inside this space there is a ton of storage for the smaller pieces of wood I use on the lathe. Big pieces are in Rubber Made lockers off the driveway. Kayaks are suspended from the ceiling, as are bicycles, and boxes of less used things. All are on racks that can be lowered so you dont need ladders to get at stuff. Just some continued arm cranking action! My 900x600 Chinese laser is in there. Its blower and venting goes through the wall behind it into the insulated crawl space under the house. From there it goes out a side wall. Although it is a honking big Chinese blower that sounds like a Boeing Jet you can barely hear it in the garage or outside, and not at all in the house. And I pull my make up air for the laser from under the house when the air temp and humidity there wont cause humidiity problems with the laser. That way I dont take heated air from the garage and send it out the blower. That has worked well.

I also have my CNC there, my big Jet woodlathe, a small table saw, a bandsaw, a drill press, chop saw, and tons of power handtools and regular handtools mounted on pegboards above a long built in workbench. I also have tons of small wall mounted bins with screws and nuts and bolts and pieces parts that can use a serious organization again. There are things that bug me about the layout but overall it is pretty functional.

I had to be a bit creative with this space. When we lived in HI I had a well stocked shop there with a big center worktable, and wall mounted work benches. I had my lathe in there and a bandsaw, drill press, small tablesaw, and tons of wood and handtools, powered and non powered. When I moved to Seattle we had intended I would move back to HI when I retired so I brought some stuff with me, accumulated some stuff since Casey needed tools in HI, and managed to get that all in a 9 x 16 space in a rented space in Ballard. I was living on a boat so this was my place to go to get out of the boat and do some wood turning. Then we ended up moving completely to Seattle and everything in HI ended up in this garage you see below.

There you have shop life in West Seattle!

Roy Sanders
10-15-2015, 3:47 AM
yes, my son laughed and laughed when he saw the post. And once he pointed it out, 'I knew that.' I am amazed at how dumb i get when not paying attention.

Bert Kemp
10-15-2015, 1:47 PM
we need more pictures come on people :rolleyes:

Brian Leavitt
10-15-2015, 4:10 PM
All I have so far are photos of the new laser room and exhaust system going in. This one's gonna flow way better than what I have now. They're still working on the carpet and electrical, but we're starting to move other stuff tomorrow.

Kev Williams
10-15-2015, 6:21 PM
You got some nice equipment stuffed in that garage Dave!

The first winter in my garage, I stuffed fiberglass in all the garage door panels and tried to block off all the air spaces best I could. To keep it warm, I got one of these:

--- Ventless furnace, 33000 btu, works with NG or LP gas, I hooked it up to the house gas. In normal use it fires at 22,000 btu. Works great!
Best part: $219 to my door... Can't beat that with a stick!

After the first winter, the gas bill went up about $1 a day, not bad, but I decided I should just put a wall in place of the garage door.
My BIL says "you got room, why don't you build it OUT 4' or so? I thought it was a great idea, except I figured 4' was a bit much, so I moved it out 3'...
So I started building:

From the inside. Note the garage door stuffed with 'glass...

That extra 3' made for a TON of usable space! In just that space is a shelf crammed with everything under the sun, my 3400 orbiter, and room for the pantograph.
Speaking of the garage door, it's still up, and connected to the opener! I just need to move the clamp on the 3400 and it will still close!

Here's an almost-finshed shot, only thing not finished in this pic is the trim over the door. For those noting the door is not centered, that was
on purpose to fit the shelves and machines :)

And, here is my comparison of gas used, note that after the room addition, from Jan thru May I used substantially less gas than in 2014. Proved to me that sealing up the air holes and
better insulation works!

The addition cost me just north of $1000 in materials. I used the cheapest siding Lowes sells, and sealed it with Thompsons 'honey' wood sealer. The trim is el-cheapo 1x4's with a dark brown stain.
The door is the cheapest french door Lowes sells, but it works great and it's like 5-1/2' wide with both doors open. The roof is tilted about 2°, and it's shingled with 1 square of good shingles, and added
some HD plastic rain gutter. The "brick" is ceramic floor tile from Lowes, held in place with construction adhesive and some very small screws between the joints.

And when it's time for it to go away, me and a helper can have the whole thing gone in 4 hours, and the only trace of it will be a few 3/16" holes in the driveway, and a few holes in the flashing
covering the header board. :)

Dave, (and anyone else who's shop was a garage), I highly recommend it! :)

Rich Harman
10-15-2015, 8:36 PM
The roof is tilted about 2°, and it's shingled with 1 square of good shingles...

Looks like a great idea - but the slope of your roof is not appropriate for shingles, by a long ways. 2:12 is the minimum slope for shingles - that's 9.5°. Yours is 0.4:12.

My house has a steep pitched roof (6:12) with both a full length front and rear deck, the roof over the deck portion is only a 9° pitch (just under 2:12). The back is a steel roof, the front is shingles. The front has a leak due to the shingles taking a slight warp where the two roof lines meet. It's a pain in the you-know-what.

I think you should remove the shingles and replace with something that won't lead to hardship down the line. Corrugated comes to mind. With such a shallow slope it won't be visible, your gutter can hide the front edge.

Keith Winter
10-15-2015, 9:20 PM
All I have so far are photos of the new laser room and exhaust system going in. This one's gonna flow way better than what I have now. They're still working on the carpet and electrical, but we're starting to move other stuff tomorrow.
Impressive duct work Brian how big of ducts are you running? One penetration in the roof of multiple?

David Somers
10-15-2015, 10:12 PM
Rich,

In HI I had a 12 12 metal roof on both the house and garage. Go figure. Expecting a return to the ice age was my thinking! Though the roofs did collect water for our catchment system. I always wondered if the builders originally thought that would increase the water collection potential of the roof? Was interesting to see a snow pitch in HI though. Even at 4,000 ft the odds of snow were low. Heck, we only saw frost a few times a year there.

he he.

Rich Harman
10-15-2015, 10:41 PM
Rich,

In HI I had a 12 12 metal roof on both the house and garage. Go figure. Expecting a return to the ice age was my thinking! Though the roofs did collect water for our catchment system. I always wondered if the builders originally thought that would increase the water collection potential of the roof? Was interesting to see a snow pitch in HI though. Even at 4,000 ft the odds of snow were low. Heck, we only saw frost a few times a year there.

Our house in Guam had a 0:12 concrete roof. An 8.1 earthquake and super typhoons did nothing to that house. I even got rid of the storm shutters for the windows - then super typhoon Paka hit. Every house around us had moderate to severe damage. Ours, we lost our mailbox and had to prop up one tree - and pick up debri from the yard. Not so much as a drop of water found it's way inside. The 27 ft boat that I had just totally rebuilt and launched a week earlier would also have escaped damage, if not for another boat slamming into it. It was tied down on it's trailer.

Kev Williams
10-15-2015, 11:08 PM
Looks like a great idea - but the slope of your roof is not appropriate for shingles, by a long ways. 2:12 is the minimum slope for shingles - that's 9.5°. Yours is 0.4:12.
Oh, I know it's not 'correct', but it's not a permanent deal, and I can replace the whole roof with 3 hours of my time and $125... ;)

I was going to put an eave-deicer on last year, which will cover the whole roof, but I never even had to start the snowblower, winter was non-existant (I'm a boater and our lake is empty!)
--it's on my to-do list (soon!)

Jeff Body
10-15-2015, 11:33 PM
Here's a few shots of my work area.......

Here's the office. I've just recently got into the laser game but I started out with signs, graphics, and apparel work.

Next work area is the Dining Room. This is where I lay out everything to Tape, heat press shirts, and assemble things.

And here's the garage. My work bench is alittle messy at the moment. I'll be straightening it up this weekend.

And I can still fit my awesome toys in the garage. Including my 2ton BEAST! SRT8 300.

walter hofmann
10-16-2015, 5:56 AM
hi all
here are a few picture from my workshop after downsizing from 1200SF to 400SF garage .
its all stuffed but all machines can be used . for cooling I use a 22000 BTU window AC what is also
after converting with a 100x100 radiator for laser cooling . the exaust is a 6 inch inline fan from hydrophonic
venting to the outside.
greetings
waltfl

Brian Leavitt
10-16-2015, 9:54 AM
Impressive duct work Brian how big of ducts are you running? One penetration in the roof of multiple?
Single penetration. The ducting coming into the room is 6" and they all connect to the 10" main which runs up to a 5hp blower on the roof. They still have to install the dampers and Y's. This system will have all of the seams sealed as well, which my current system doesn't.

Julian Ashcroft
10-16-2015, 12:08 PM

My my rather cramped workshop, built onto the end of my garage.

Kev Williams
10-16-2015, 1:26 PM
This is really cool everyone! I knew I wasn't only one 'living in a robot'! ;)

I remember the first 'other' engraving shop I ever went to, Bruce (my rep & good friend) took me there to check out a machine, back in the 80's. The whole thing was added to the outside of his garage. The room was all of 6' wide and about 15' long. He built a full length shelf along the outside wall, and on it was maybe 3 machines, a tool grinder and tools, clamp stuff etc... On the wall behind him was regular shelves for odds and ends. I guess he kept his materials against the wall under those shelves, don't remember to be honest. But I do remember, all you could do in there was sit or stand and work, or make a 180 and grab stuff from the shelves. 2 of us couldn't fit thru at the same time! Small, but it was actually pretty organized!

John Bion
10-17-2015, 12:08 PM
If this was an Ice Bucket Challenge, I would nominate Dave Sheldrake :D, I’ll put some up if you put some up ;)

Bert Kemp
10-17-2015, 12:49 PM
Whats an Ice Bucket Challenge:confused:

If this was an Ice Bucket Challenge, I would nominate Dave Sheldrake :D, I’ll put some up if you put some up ;)

John Bion
10-17-2015, 1:04 PM
Whats an Ice Bucket Challenge:confused:

Bert, shhhhhssh! If you have not heard of it, it means you have not fallen for it either. Two words of advice: don’t ask around about it or someone will realise you have not yet been caught and will proceed to mercilessly “nominate you” OR if you do ask about it : be prepared to have a thick skin to say “no-way”! (there are better ways to raise money for charity :)). I’m rather hoping Dave S will “fall for it” in this case and show us his little enterprise :) I’ll get some pics up of mine when I get the time to take them.

Bert Kemp
10-17-2015, 1:08 PM
OK I'm not fallin for nuttin:D

Bert, shhhhhssh! If you have not heard of it, it means you have not fallen for it either. Two words of advice: don’t ask around about it or someone will realise you have not yet been caught and will proceed to mercilessly “nominate you” OR if you do ask about it : be prepared to have a thick skin to say “no-way”! (there are better ways to raise money for charity :)). I’m rather hoping Dave S will “fall for it” in this case and show us his little enterprise :) I’ll get some pics up of mine when I get the time to take them.

Dave Sheldrake
10-17-2015, 2:22 PM
Soon as I'm in with a camera I will :)

Roy Sanders
10-17-2015, 6:53 PM
Thank you Bert.

Roy

brian saban
10-18-2015, 9:34 PM
It's not the size of the shop, but the quality of work that gets done :)

Bert Kemp
11-04-2015, 9:55 AM
Wanted to get this thread back to the front a lot of people promised some pictures, so this is a reminder. Come on guys get that camera out :D

Matt Geraci
11-04-2015, 3:31 PM
Here's pics of my sandblasting set up. Love my Compressor! 80 gallon beast!

Kev Williams
11-04-2015, 5:17 PM
Gotta love big air compressors!

My main compressor is an 80 gallon Coleman (of all things) Powermate Max that's pushing 20 years old. It doesn't have the big v-twin pump, but it does okay. The thing will run an HF straightline sander for 20 minutes straight before the pressure drops below 120.

I've been trying to sandblast the hull of our houseboat with a 100# pot and a 30 gallon compressor. Uh huh... ;)

Brian Leavitt
11-04-2015, 5:34 PM
We're still working on getting the new shop finished. Most everything has moved over to the new place, but there are piles of junk everywhere and some of the machinery is still not hooked up. Looking to hire someone who can engrave so I can finish other projects (which I currently have no time for).

Robert Engel
11-04-2015, 5:40 PM
No siree.

I'm a slob.

And I don't need to stroke my ego by showing off my machines, either ;).

For the record that Down to Earth Ww'ing guy's shop reminds me of the old anal retentive chef skits on SNL. :D

...or maybe I just secretly wish I was even 1/10th that organized.

Bert Kemp
11-04-2015, 5:47 PM
And what year will that job be finished?:rolleyes: whoops this is ment for Kev LOL my bad

We're still working on getting the new shop finished. Most everything has moved over to the new place, but there are piles of junk everywhere and some of the machinery is still not hooked up. Looking to hire someone who can engrave so I can finish other projects (which I currently have no time for).

Dave Hutton
11-04-2015, 6:22 PM

My my rather cramped workshop, built onto the end of my garage.

Hi Julian

are those floorboards awaiting laying or do you cut them in the laser for your signs etc? ( just being nosey :-)

dj

Julian Ashcroft
11-05-2015, 2:06 AM
Hi Julian

are those floorboards awaiting laying or do you cut them in the laser for your signs etc? ( just being nosey :-)

dj

I cut them down and raster engrave them, engraving is then stained. Work quite well, but results are only suitable for indoor use. I wish I could find wider boards, which would give me more options.

Dave Hutton
11-05-2015, 3:38 AM
That looks like a good result Julian , plus thinking outside the box��

how about clickin/joining/glueing a couple of boards together and putting them in a suitable sized timber frame? (To keep them flat)

I guess that would only work if they didn't have a beveled edge. The floor in my office is straight /butt joins but others I've laid have a bevel edge. Might be worth a trip to the flooring shop for a look. I think my oak boards are butt joints (off to have a look :-)

dj

Brian Leavitt
12-23-2015, 5:00 PM
Well I got some time today to get a few photos of the new building. Still haven't had much time to get things organized, but everything is here and running. So here we go...

Laser Room

Scratch Engraving

Signature Engraver

Dyesub

Order Boxes

Awards Work Area

Brian Leavitt
12-23-2015, 5:05 PM
Trophy Engraving (Currently Doubling as Junk Storage)

Trophy Assembly (There are tables somewhere under the junk)

Trophy Column Storage and Column Cutting Room

Embroidery and Screen Printing

Jack Clague
12-23-2015, 5:13 PM
Awesome setup there Brian, one can only dream of such a workshop :)

Keith Winter
12-23-2015, 5:14 PM
Really nice setup Brian, I like how you organized everything. Piping all solid to the lasers, air hose hang downs, plenty of work surfaces, it shows you really care about your employees providing such a nice work environment for them! Screen printing and embroidery setup is really impressive too. How big's your facility?

Bert Kemp
12-23-2015, 6:05 PM
How Many times have I said this? I'M SO JEALOUS :D

Brian Leavitt
12-23-2015, 7:49 PM
Thank you, guys. I don't own the place. I'm just the lowly engraving manager/laser operator/plumber/electrician/carpenter/whatever else is needed. Moving in to this space, and taking time to plan for where everything would go, gave the opportunity to lay everything out exactly how I wanted it. I tried to make is as user friendly as possible for myself and my engraving employees. The new facility is 20,000 sq./ft., Keith. By the time we moved, we had 40,000 sq./ft. at the old place, but it wasn't all production and retail space. We had multipurpose sport courts there as well. Now the "old" building is being converted into a sportsplex-type of facility, with 7 courts, a gym, viewing areas, snack bar, etc. The new place is on the same street so it's convenient to get back and forth.

The trophy department is still a work in progress, but they're able to take care of business while it gets sorted out. I spend the vast majority of my time in the laser room with my babies. :D

Kevin Groenke
12-23-2015, 11:52 PM
Academia rather the commercial, but perhaps of interest.

UMN Design
6)ULS 6.150 + 7000sqft of other making goodness
We support ~600 arch and landscape students + other design disciplines.